Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Something that I think all of you need to know

Okay. I've noticed how pretty much everyone's music taste consists of only metal. You all need to know:

INSTRUMENTAL TALENT DOES NOT = GOOD MUSIC.

I can't stand it when people critisize my music taste because they don't have "OmgZ0rZ, wikk3d sWe3T sOl0z". I mean come on. Sure, it's neat to see how well they can play, but you really do have to realize this.

Music is the music. Not the talent.

...Thank you for listening.

Damon- Damn you're ignorant.
    IN RAINBOWS

http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TIKWIDMUSIC
    IN / RAINBOWS
    IN RAIN/BOWS
    IN RAINBOW/S
    IN RAINBOWS/

I think you just posted this topic to say that only your music is good, and anyone else who listens to metal should go and die. You should be mature enough to ignore them, and continue listening to music you like. : )
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Enthusiast
    I hate metal. Indie rock and roll please. Actually I think medal is so popular because alot of people think it's cool to listen to medal rather then other genres. Also I think that any music is listen-able if you are willing. It's when you listen to metal like I use to, then find other music, that you grow out of it.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

stand up for what you beleive in but dont go all communist.
    in other words, stick to your music interests and we'll stick to ours, unless our music consists of being constantly gangbanged so hard at gun point with real mayonaise sounds then that's something to worry about.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    stand up for what you beleive in but dont go all communist.
    in other words, stick to your music interests and we'll stick to ours, unless our music consists of being constantly gangbanged so hard at gun point with real mayonaise sounds then that's something to worry about.
    You don't know what your talking about do you?

S&S, you shouldn't make topics like this until you know completely that EVERYONE likes metal and metal only. I'd go with indie over metal any day.

I don't enderstand what you're even saying, clarify.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

from what i can tell i think he says that metal is just some random solos and banging on instruments, and that go for music that's great sounding not just because some guy's talented. Now if you ask me, maybe this should be locked its going to turn into a flame war.

Enthusiast

Okay, here's what I think:

I like metal. Why? It's just what I like based upon my musical tastes. It gets me pumped, I like the intricate musicianships of many of the artists I listen to, and I'm just more inclined to like it. BUT WAIT. I listen to other genres as well.

*GASP*

I know, I know, but some may say that I listen to the original chiptunes of Sonic games, some CAKE, Incubus, 3 Doors Down, Dave Matthews Band, Foo Fighters, etc...

WHY? HOW CAN YOU LISTEN TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN METAL?

Easy, it's just my own tastes, nothing more, nothing less.

And I also must say, metal isn't all about the solos. I listen to Rammstein. I can only think of about 5 good solos Richard had pulled off. But why do I like them, then? How they coordinate as a band. everyone is one. It's things like that that give me appreciation for more than metal.

But I think that just because someone may listen to metal and nothing else isn't wrong, it's just THEIR OWN tastes, and a single post from someone isn't going to change it.

I'm also going to keep this open, but please defend your opinions and don't outright flame someone, present your opinion clearly and maturely, and this thread can go on nice and unlocked.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Take a leaf out of my book, just like what you like, everyone else can just sodd off. Its pointless posting about it.

Inbetween your face and the computer screen
    It soi=unds like you are being as ignorant as the people you are on about now because if they are saying stuff about the music you like why are you doing it back and saying it about theirs

Please download my podcast from http://www.adamandjoe.tk or http://www.adamandjoe.wordpress.com thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast