Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Music and your pet hates, or something. : P

The aim of this thread is for you to post stuff you dislike about what music does to people. We've all got it bottled up inside, and rarely get the chance to get it off our chest.

I'll go first. One thing I hate in particular is that everyone has at some stage encountered a completely ignorant, narrow dumbass who loves his music and his music only, whereas everyone else fails. These are bands like bullet for my valentine, lordi... you know what I mean. : P You try suggesting other similar bands and they freak out, and they're all like "OMFG, THAT MUZAK IS SHIT BCOZ I DIDNT BUY IT @ D SHOPZ".

Yey. : P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Yeah, I met one of those guys once. His name was Baha I think.

<_<

But in all seriousness, I hate people who refuse to look back farther than 10 years to listen to music. It sounds ridiculous, but I only know about 3 people at school who listen to music made in the 80's and earlier. All of my friends are like "OMG DID U HEAR THE NU GREENDAY SONG????"

Baha: lmao, greenday. That's exactly what I mean. :P
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Enthusiast
    Indeed. Some of the worst offenders are the people who listen to Rap, specifically mainstream rap, (Akon, Fifty Cent, Fat Joe) If they would just put the glock away and listen to something else then maybe they wouldn't be so jaded. Also just because you like to listen to a certain genre doesn't mean you have to look the part. I can't stand the people who dress in the baggy clothing and the camouflage g-unit wear just because they listen to gangster rap. Even worse are the people who dress like that but don't even listen to it.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

KRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Yeah, I met one of those guys once. His name was Baha I think.

<_<

But in all seriousness, I hate people who refuse to look back farther than 10 years to listen to music. It sounds ridiculous, but I only know about 3 people at school who listen to music made in the 80's and earlier. All of my friends are like "OMG DID U HEAR THE NU GREENDAY SONG????"
    I LOVE YOU MATT but not in a nasty way, just because i like your point.

All of the music i like is toatally my taste, but the majority of my favorite music is from the 60's through the 90's. Im not dissing new music at all, i love it, but if thats all you like, then listen to the Beatles, Eric Clapton, and Elton John and youll see how much new music is and was influenced by these bands and artist. and alot of other one's.
    [center:3bfbn9pe][/center:3bfbn9pe]

Dedicated Member
    I have to say that new music has all lost its luster for me. Every riff sounds the same, every song is on one of the same topics, every sigger sings the same way. Or at least thats how I hear it. GO back to the 60's and 70's where you 've got bands like Black Babbath, Led Zeppelin, Cream, and The Beatles, A wide range of musical tastes, all in the same few years.

Now its one of three things, Screamo, Country, or Pussy. Those are my genres of music for the 21st Century, so far.

I didn't count Rap because theres something about some guy talking into a microphone behind a bas beat an infant's fart could make, that doesn't seem musicall to me.
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.
    Oh ya I'm loved...Too bad it isn't the philosophy forum anymore.

Enthusiast
    um i hate techno music and so called chav rap gangsta music coz it done on a computer the only talent in it is talking not singing and showing off there body its just......yuk and then they speed up the voices so it sounds like a tortured hamster recently a chav was listening to sumat on his phone and it was airosmith dont wanna miss a thing speeded up! how cud they turn a legend song into shit??? and snoop dog omg he reckons hes cool just coz he is frends wiv korn i hate him!!!

............ahhhhh thats better no offence to ppl u listen to techno gangsta rap or dance or like snoop dog kai

Byronic! Home of the mentally creative.

Enthusiast

Hates:

Dragonforce. Wow, you can play progressions at 200+ BPM. Congrats. You're completely uninspirational.

Indie fans: Just because more than 3 people in the world have heard of it, does not mean it's mainstream or that they are "Sell outs"

People who deny classic rock: Because it's inspired 100% of the music you listen to now, But way to be ignorant.

Will add more later.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...