Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal

Metal

What do you guys think of metal? Some people think it's just screamo, emo music. Others think of it as a way to get away from their problems. (Which technically makes them emo) But in my case, I only like metal because of the insane music solos and how well they can play their instruments. Also, there videos are always really awesome. Personally, I like these metal bands:
    Trivium
    DragonForce
    That's pretty much it because all the other ones are always screamo, they're not, sometimes they are but, not ALL the time. Which brings me to another point. These songs are always long, so I can be going home and just listen to Trivium/Dragonforce and they're songs are like 7:00 mins, so I never think about getting tired. Which is always good, because I have energy when I get home. I just thought of this so I thought I would post it. Anyway,

Opinion?

trivium sre technicly emo.sorry
    dragonforce are good
    children of bodom own :P

Arm ripp'd of is a joint with my brother, Fraz banned My brother from DD because he thaught it was me.
    My brother is fuckin' depreesed now. :/

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    DragonForce have it all. Amazing vocals, Amazing playing and solos. All around amazing.
    Children of Bodom isn't that good to me. They just don't seem to have much skill in anything.
    Never heard anything by Trivium, I might download something right now.

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

Enthusiast

Dragonforce - Not a big power metal fan myself, mostly because they all sound so cheesy. Hammerfall, Rhapsody, etc. etc., and Dragonforce is no exception. Playing the same 5 notes at 200+BPM doesn't really appeal to me.
    As for Trivium, from what I've heard, they're not bad. They do a really spot-on cover of Master of Puppets as well.
    Children of Bodom, eh, I have mixed feelings towards. They're alright, but I bought Hatebreeder off the iTunes store, and kinda wished I hadn't, but oh well.

As for me, I prefer more technical metal, IE progressive metal. Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Opeth, etc. I do have an appreciation for classic metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and thrash metal like Megadeth.

It's a shame that metal has gone downhill towards that screamo and scene phase, too.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

It hasn't gone "downhill"! >:0 Maybe bands are just finding it hard to do new things, and screaming instead of singing was like a major breakthrough. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Liquid Tension Experiment <3

They own, I love Acid Rain, which is by them, but with other people so people are liek "NOEZ IT'S BY SOMEONE ELSE!!!11!" anyways. They're a great band. Trivium I like better then DragonForce. Yeah, I especially like the song "Entrance of the Conflagration"(Thank you for sending it to me Baha, Much love <3, Also Zombie Autopilot <3) Yeah, I LOVE metal. I just wanted some opinions.

Zombie Autopilot is by Unearth, not Trivium

Old Newbie
    now although i dont really like dragonforces main tunes, there solos are like the best ones in the world.
    what you said about the really long songs- i actually dislike the longer ones as normally the same tune is played over and over again.
    im afraid i havent heard of Liquid Tension Experiment.
    what do you guys think of SlipKnoT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell Zii
    I think if we where in a 2D world...it would hurt :\
    on bebo this happened:
    Quote Originally Posted by HeJHogG
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_ME
    Quote Originally Posted by HeJHogG
    Thats because im an alien
    Really?
    no

Enthusiast

Nah, Dragonforce's solos are nothing.

Also, as for long songs, you'd hate Liquid Tension Experiment. They're prog-rock, with some fusion and jam-band elements mixed in, and it's all instrumental. And most of their songs are long, but it's not the same thing over and over again.

Slipknot's all gimmicks. 9 members, and all in masks? Mainly appeal to the mallcore/metalcore group, not my thing.

i think dragonforce are good, BUT have you noticed that most of their songs sound the same?

im more-or-less a goth, since im into stuff like:

The Berzerker
    Dimmu Borgir
    Slipknot (the older stuff)
    Venom
    Mayhem
    Gorgoroth

i could go on...

Master Debator

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan
    i think dragonforce are good, BUT have you noticed that most of their songs sound the same?

im more-or-less a goth, since im into stuff like:

The Berzerker
    DEMON BURGER
    Slipknot (the older stuff)
    Venom
    Mayhem
    Gorgoroth

i could go on...
    Sorry, couldn't resist...

But yes, I agree with their songs sounding the same. Structurally incredibly similar, and some songs are similar sound-wise as well. Listen to the intros of both Prepare for War and Fury of the Storm to see what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast