Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

De la Hoya VS. Mayweather

Well, one of the most anticipated boxing matches of the year, and it was kind of anti-climatic.

This is how it went. Mayweather (african american) and De la Hoya (mexican) are both wealterweights, and it was supposed to be a good fight. However, Masyweather was a pussy the whole time, going in for quick jabs and then jumping behind hitting range. The only times de la hoya was able to get any hits on mayweather was when he had him pinned up against a corner, and once that happened, mayweather's true colors shone.

I wanted to root for mayweather at first, but he's just so cocky and foolishly arrogant that you can't, no matter how ahrd you try. After 2 rounds, I found myself chanting "Oscar" (Oscar De la Hoya) with the rest of the crowd.

Also, the judges totally misjudged the match. They counted too many shoulder punches as clean hits on mayweathers part. Mayweather didn't get more than 10 good hits the entire match, were oscar messed him up bad. It was only by 2 points, but it should've been the otgehr way,

One of the most dissapointing parts was how Oscar got tired towards the end. You could tell he was both mentally and physically fatigued by the match, and it showed, even tohugh he STILL did better than Mayweather.

The match was pretty awesome, but I tihnk it was only worth half of the $54 pay-per-view price.
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    De La Hoya is a fast and powerful boxer but I have never seen Mayweather fight. From what you wrote I would say that Mayweather is more defense then offence, going in for a quick hit then backing off waiting for the next hit.

I would not pay $54 for a payper view fight though, I can get it on payper view for $5 ...

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

Finally this is over, I don't have to see those retarded PPV commercials anymore now.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Quote Originally Posted by FryLock
    Finally this is over, I don't have to see those retarded PPV commercials anymore now.
    lol, you're right, but I love boxing.

I was so excited, but the fight at least mostly fulfilled my excitement. Luckily, neitehr mer or my dad had to pay for the fight, we went over to my dad's friends house, who is retired and has enough money to get every PPV fight available.

I love boxing, and am going to start when I start lifting again this summer. It's the only sport I enjoy watching, besides martial arts fights
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast

thanks highly i didnt get to see this match bur i got it since you posted souch a good review.

yeah, the second pre-fight was as intense than the de la hoya fight, which isn't a good thing.
    I'm gay.

Enthusiast

I go Mayweather, but not because of his attitude. 1. He's a great fighter, saw him last year. And 2. From my town of Grand Rapids.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Dedicated Member
    I was so pissed off that Maryweither won by split decision. Oscar should have won it. He threw 109 more power punchs then Maryweither
    Your Just 1 Fish In A Big Pond Of Many Other Fish
    My animations-Courtsey?
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14181
    Thanks Wojak and Fraz