Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

New Drowning Pool Album - "Full Circle"

Any drowning pool fans here? Their newest album full circle was released last week some time, dunno when exactly. Anyway, it's pretty cool, they're actually starting to sound like disturbed now and moving away from their less talented screamo roots *cough*bodies*cough*. Their new singer is the guy who used to be in soil, so the finnish members on here might like that.

So anyway, I was wondering what other people think of it if they got it, do they like drowning pool, do they like the direction they're going in etc. Opinions generally lol. The only song I got on youtube is soldiers, a single they released way back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W3XCuRjTSY

*cough*entire album download*cough*
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

They sound cool, but i personally dont like the screamo type. I like the old 80's Heavy and Thrash metal, such as MegaDeth and Metallica. The guitarists sound awsome. That song is cool, but i wouldnt want to listen to it all of the time.

Veteran Enthusiast

I used to love bodies, but that was about it. I was never really much into Drowning pool, i might check some more of their songs out later.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Well if they are starting to sound like disturbed, they are getting better. I liked Tear Away though....
    I will never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever, I'll be there for you through it all, Even if saving you sends me to heaven...

My thread is in my sig. Don't laugh at the sig, its my first attempt at one >.<

Dedicated Member
    Bodies always kind of made me giggle like a ninny. It's like, they're trying so hard to be dark and powerful, it just ends up being ridiculous. Like a Parrot in a grindcore band.

I'll check out the video a little later on, then edit this.

Does anyone feel like making me a Dragonforce sucks signature? <_<

SX
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Bodies was ok. Not amazing.

Soldiers - I really liked the guitar and the vocals seemed grittier.

They seem a alright band overall. Nothing I'd get really into though.

HEY! Dragonforce kicks ass.
    I will never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever, I'll be there for you through it all, Even if saving you sends me to heaven...

My thread is in my sig. Don't laugh at the sig, its my first attempt at one >.<

Quote Originally Posted by tdaggers
    HEY! Dragonforce kicks ass.
    No, they do not. When recording solos, they play them slow and speed them up. Then when they play live, they miss every second note and are generally shit. Herman Li is a very good guitarist, granted, but their other guitarist Sam Totman is extremely bad. That's why they have to speed the stuff up. So don't be getting any notions about how talented they are, because without herman li they're nothing. :P

[/offtopic rant over]

Simon: No they didn't, when i saw them in live they were amazing.

Dedicated Member
    Okay, so I listened to it, and frankly, they sound kind of like a watered-down slipknot with some horror metal in there. And the chorus is total Korn. <_< Xmpt: Umm, how exactly? Yoko: it just sounds like something out of a korn song. It's a little like word association, the first thing I thought of was Let's Get This Party Started by Korn.Xmpt: Oh, I wouldn't really notice that without being told too

So, not really my cup of Earl Grey. And did he really say "rawr"? >_>

On listening closer, I realise that it isn't disturbed they sound like, but foo fighters. :P Listen to the start of full circle and then some upbeat foo fighters stuff. You'll see what I mean. :0

Also, this album is shit and I don't know why I bothered mentioning it, lol. Maybe the singer from soil was cool but the music is bleh to the max. >:/
    Xmpt agrees +2