Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Fast Drummer

Yeah thats pretty fast... Myup... Wait, we can't say we've heard faster? Isn't discussing things the point of this thread?

Enthusiast

That was quite fast, but I've said this before, drummers like that just focus on bass/kick, and have little talent actually using their ARMS.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    That was quite fast, but I've said this before, drummers like that just focus on bass/kick, and have little talent actually using their ARMS.
    That's not true, look up romain goulon, derek roddy or flo mounier some time. : ) Even this video shows amazing hand/foot co-ordination. He was doing blast beats coupled with double bass TWICE as fast, AND he was doing one handed cymbal chokes with the left hand on another pattern completely. I agree that the double bass and blast beats are repetitive, but in between all that, he is being creative. The beats around 3:25 are brilliant and he's not using double bass or blasts at all.

Batdorf is pretty amazing, although I think he may be using triggers. :P If he isn't, well, he's amazing. 290bpm double bass 16ths is kinda fucked up lol. George Kollias is still faster. (sorry, had to say it :P_ I loved the bass triplets at 2:15, the fill at 4:52, and the uh... general craziness at 6:05 lol.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]