Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

DarkDemon Battle of the Bands!

Now that we've got some replies, me need moah! So if you're joining please add this to your sig,

[code:25ne7emq]PLAY AN INSTRUMENT? CLICK![/code]

Alright, well I thought of this a long time ago, but never got around to trying to organize it. Heres how it would work, anyone who plays an instrument and wants to a part of this is welcome to toss their name into the pool, along with a recording of them playing their instrument. If you play a certain style of music put that as well.

The names will be processed by myself, and anyone who would like to help, into different categories. These categories wmay be, but are not limited to, skill level, style of music, instrument played, etc.

After a sufficient number of entries, I will randomly select X captains, make a draft style selection process, in which each captain may not select more than one person from each individual categories. If any people are left, I may decide to form another "Miniband." Using another person from a different band, if they're up for it.

Odds are the Captains will be drummers. Just so you know.

Band Members are limited to 4, there may be no more than 2 guitarists, a bassist and a drummer. If you wish, you may take only one guitarist, and take a wild card musician. who may be from any group. If you choose not to have a bassist, you must take a non-guitar wild card is you already have 2 guitarists

At My, or any of the Captain's discression, they may choose to make a band consisting of less than 4 people, however the finished band may be no less than 3 people strong. Essentially, you have the option to shrink your band to 3 people, but not two.

If this takes off, I will give rules for the submissions, which may be either a cover, or original song.

Depending on the number of entrants as well as the instruments played by said entrants, these rules are subject to change.

Any Questions regarding the rules may be PMed to me, and any questions regarding the recording may be sent to me as well. If you can not record, I suggest you find someone you know who can, contact anyone at a music store about cheap recording equipment, where you can get it, how much it will cost for decent quality, etc. If all else fails, dropping from the competition, while depresing, is the last resort.

Lets see if we can get this going.

Entrants-

Drummers- 8
    elmo- Any Style
    Baha-Any Style- Most recent recording.
    jimbobster-Metal (possible guitarist)
    Gray-Any Style
    Lizard-Any Style
    Sticky-Any Style
    Howesy-Any Style but Death Metal
    Spaz-Unspecified

Guitarists- 5
    tekno- Style Unspecified
    SX - Mainly Metal, Rock, Classical But open to anything
    Judas- Blues, Metal,Classical, possible shred
    Silvereye - Mainly prog metal but is open to anything
    Bandito- Any Style needed.
    PivotedFlash-Rock (Soft,Hard, Classic)
    Kamikaze Kid- Classical Acoustic

Bassists- 2
    Will Wright-Any Style
    Super - Powered Man- Indie, Rock, Funk etc.
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.
    Oh ya I'm loved...Too bad it isn't the philosophy forum anymore.

Fanatic Enthusiast

i'll be in this, drummers ftw

any style.

only question is, how do we put together the diferent parts into one song?
    that is the problem is see with this.

i could possibly be in this.
    im a guitarist.
    i dont really understand it though.

Dedicated Member
    Alright, the putting together of the parts is actually quite simple. All the individually recorded pieces can be sent to one person, the individual tracks and either be copied into an audio editing program, Audacity most likely, and then arranged in a manner that the song its played in sync. Or, One track could be sent from the first person, the second person records along with that track, the third person does the same etc.

Don't forget, I need a recording from everyone, otherwise, this won't go anywhere
    =Those inflatable globes are dangerous, sent several people to hospital with one. Just another proof that RE is not only wrong, but deadly!
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Baha: I'm actually proud of this post. 100% pure, awesome philosophy post quality. Carry on.

Fanatic Enthusiast

you have any idea just how long that could take.

i mean i'm up for it, but only if me a baha can creat a dueling drums track.

Ah man, this is a great idea but there's not enough people that play various instruments. Here's a suggestion: remove singers, because I'm pretty sure no one on DD is a vocalist. Also, make each "band" comprised of a drummer and 1 or more guitarists/bass guitarists.

An example:

Band 1: 1 Drummer, 2 Guitarists (One lead, one rythm)
    Band 2: 1 Drummer, 1 Bassist
    Band 3: 1 Drummer, 1 Guitarist, 1 Bassist

etc.

Having a full band of 2 guitarists, a drummer, a bassist, a keyboard player and a singer isn't necessarily an advantage. A drummer and a guitarist will sound a lot cleaner and less noisy than 5-6 musicians all playing at the same time. We could be the next white stripes/rodrigo y gabriela lol.

As far as recording is concerned, well, that's a balls. I don't think anyone on dd (besides bandito/taylor who is long gone) has decent recording equipment.

But fuck it, I'll try! D:

Drummer, any style :P You could also count me in as a shitty keyboard player.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Dedicated Member
    Alright Baha, I made some adjustments, however, I'd prefer to keep the minimum number of people at 3, just to give the bands a fuller voice. And as for recording equipment, if it picks up sounds, and doesn't distort them wildly, thats good enough. a 20 dollar desktop mic might do the trick, but don't quote me on that.
    Another victory for FE!
    EARTH IS FLAT!

Not for acoustic drums. I have a decent mic but those mics you'd buy for pc's completely and utterly fail when recording drums. White noise to teh max. D: I can use the mic on my video camera and convert the video file to mp3 ftw. :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Fanatic Enthusiast

yay for having proper drum mics.
    woooooo

i'll see what i can do, but first off we need to get more people

SX
    Fanatic Enthusiast

I'll enter, but atm I only have 1 decent recording of me and thats a crappy vid i improved on on my myspace : /

my style will be: Metal, classical guitar (including spanish, blues, classicaly stuff)

Also I have no recording equipment, except from my MP3 which is pretty low quality I imagine.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast