Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cloverfield: The comeback thread. -Spoiler warning-

Yes, because the movie is now out in theater.
    Story in my own words:

A giant monster attack Manhattan at night. While surviving the attack, Rob is trying to save his girlfriend. Followed by his friends, this movie is filled with intense action mixed with a sense of Blair Witch Project.

Was it epic? Yes it was. It was very good.
    Yes, you do see the monster in the movie, but it's still not completely clear how he looks like.(like 80%)

The existance of the monster is revealed at the very last scene.

Surreal : Edited the title because there are spoilers within the thread. YOU MAY CONTINUE!

Enthusiast

I just saw it. I cannot believe I just viewed a movie that amazing. The ending was pretty sad, though.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

I didn't really understand what it was about, but I've seen trailers for it in theaters and it looks really cool. I'll definately see this movie.

MILD SPOILER

So the nuclear alarm went off at the end, so obviously the monster was killed. It looked like his skeletal structure was on the outside of its body so that's how it was immune to so many things. It was a fucking crazy movie, but it didnt explain shit.

What left me hangin' -

1.) Where the monster came from and what it was.

2.) How the hell the statue of liberty ended up on the streets of Manhattan.

3.) Were the parasites to be quarintined? Will they spread?

That's just about it, but they're huge aspects of what wasn't explained. Fucking intense movie though. 2 thumbs up. I reccomend very highly that you all go to see this movie.

Note - is it just me or in one scene of the movie did the monster look like an alien from...alien?

@Gameslave

HUGE SPOILER
    to answer your first question. In the last scene, you see Rob and Beth saying shit.
    If you look behind the ferris wheel. You something very big falling in the water. So I
    could think the monster comes from space.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by GameSlave
    So the nuclear alarm went off at the end, so obviously the monster was killed. It looked like his skeletal structure was on the outside of its body so that's how it was immune to so many things. It was a fucking crazy movie, but it didnt explain shit.
    If you listen to the walkie-talkie thing in the credits that sounds like "help us", it's actually "it's still alive" backwards.

Well I don't know about you guys but me and a few friends are going to go and see the movie again tomorrow since we have monday off this week. We're going to see if we can find any context clues or anything ike that. We're basically going to watch it again because it kicks ass, and to pay more attention to it.

Damn, I saw this movie today. Amazing, seriously. The whole camcorder thing really hurt my eyes but it made it seem so realistic. As for the ending, it seemed too abrupt. But the very first scene, where there was the first earthquake really was awesome. I had no idea what the movie was about so it made it even more amazing.

I'd watch it again but I'm running low on money : 3

Dude, i saw the trailer of this like a month ago, i can't wait to see it! I'll probaly go out next weekend to watch it.

Fanatic Enthusiast

can you say...epic? I lol'd at the part when hud saw the crabs. "Shit..."
    "what?"
    "Run!"
    *chkchk*
    "Why?"
    "JUST RUN!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast