Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

New In Flames Album "A Sense Of Purpose"

Absolutely epic, anyone else get it? I didn't get it from mininova at all :P

The vocals are a lot better, riffs are more melodic, there's a lot more use of keyboards (think only for the weak but with a still remains influence) and there's some awesome lines in it ("I feel like shit, but at least I feel something"). They might sound a teensy bit lighter, but honestly, I don't think so. It's still the same old in flames, just trying more melodic stuff, instead of the usual death metal drudgery. An odd thing to note when listening to this album is the guitar solos. There's a definate arch enemy influence. The only thing that hasn't changed is svensson's drumming :P

Compared to older albums, well, they'll never top the likes of colony and clayman. Out of ten, I'd give a sense of purpose about 8 lol. It would've been 9, only for the song "the chosen pessimist". It's their longest recorded song to date at 8 minutes and 13 seconds, but it's so dull compared to their other songs. They repeat the same 3 notes for the first 3 minutes. The anders tries some "adventurous" high vocals, which is reminiscent of the disastrous "metaphor". He can scream, but he can't sing. But at least he tries :P

Post thoughts etc.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Re: New In Flames Album "A Sense Of Purpose"

I think that it is brilliant. I like the way that they changed their style a bit, it fits their playing a bit better.

Osht.

I'm gonna have to check out some of it right now :0
    All of the changes you noted are pushing it more toward what I like most.

EDIT: Oh man, that's awesome. Thanks for letting us know about the album.
    There is a noticeable difference between this and their older albums, but it's still just as good.

Thanks for notifying my about this Baha, it's awesome.