Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Lyric writing - a way for people to express themselves?

Well, I think lyric writing is a great way to express your self.
    -Kid on my block

Uhm, I think lyric writing to express yourself is kind of called poetry. And also:

What is the main point of lyric writing? Catchy fraises? Yell out to the world?

WHAT?!?!?

I'm seriously confused, I mean. I write poetry sure, but some people have said
    "DOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11ONE!!11ELEVEN!!1EIGHT!!! TIHS WUD B AWSUM AZ A SOGN U NO?"

>_>

Re: Lyric writing - a way for people to express themselves?

Lyrics aren't all they're cracked up to be lol. Depends on how the line is placed within a song, whether or not it suits the mood, and if it's got a clever double meaning in it, people will fall in love with it. I guess when you write lyrics for a song, you have toi imagine how you'd sing it, and how the music would sound around it. Lyrics are usually there just to add to the sound of a song though, like another instrument, just one that can be understood more easily. That's my opinion anyway :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

I never try to find a meaning in the lyrics of the songs, at least in most of them, thats why I love instrumental only songs. Lyrics and voice, they are not something of importance for me.

Most lyrics (and pretty much all pop lyrics) are empty and meaningless, clinging to clishes such as love to try and convince us into thinking they have meaning.

I think some (note: SOME, lol) They Might Be Giants songs have great lyrics.