Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Anyone else make/mix music?

I make some music with my program reason, does anyone else make any?
    If so what programs do you use?

Hybridflame, pwning since the 26 Jun, 2004 ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by shredderx
    I love you hybrid <3
    ANGRY CHIMP RAWR!1

I make some midis using Anvil Studios.

Dedicated Member
    I've made one piece of music which I edited the samples in GoldWave and pieced it together in Audacity. Both are freeware..

Unfortunately the music was sub-par and only 16 seconds long. )
    Even my hair gets in trouble..

'If you ever figure out what a woman wants to look at, I've got a sand blaster that'll clear your ugly problem up nicely.'

Fresh Newbie
    I don't have any programs for making. Somebody know a free program for making music?
    I am the fuckin' beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio-316
    I've made one piece of music which I edited the samples in GoldWave and pieced it together in Audacity. Both are freeware...
    look those up on google then

Hybridflame, pwning since the 26 Jun, 2004 ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by shredderx
    I love you hybrid <3
    ANGRY CHIMP RAWR!1

Enthusiast

I use FruityLoops Studio 5...sadly, I only have the demo version, thus no saving, thus I haven't been able to stay up 24 straight hours in order to make a passable song.

But once I get some stuff going, I'll post it here.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Dedicated Member
    meh. i have magix musicmaker 2005 w/ 2 cds with samples & extra ub3r dvd with a thousand. the magix inc.made a quite good shiznat piece. *recommends with all possible nastiness*
    This sentence has just insulted you, and you have no idea how.

Yeah, I make music in Cubase SE 3. Mostly Electronica, but before that I sat with Audacity all day and made Noise (a musical genre which is mostly concisting of white noise and all kinds of distorted and trashed up sounds). If you wanna hear anything I've made, PM me! Would be nice to share.

Take care!

PS. The program Reason you're using is swedish... *proud* )
    When I'm grown and smart, I'll figure something clever to write here...

Quote Originally Posted by MacDuck
    I don't have any programs for making. Somebody know a free program for making music?
    Yeah, try Kristal. It's a really really great beginner's sequencer. It's basic, but it contain the most usual functions you would find in a professional seq. like Cubase, FL Studio, Sonar, Pro Tools, Logic...

Start off with it and work yourself up.

If you don't wan't it to be this advanced (though Kristal is the best free professional seq I've ever seen) and maybe just have something to fool around with, I recommend eJay. If you want to get a demo version of one of the programs, click on 'Demos' in the column of that specific program and choose 'Playable Demo'.

Only thing is, if you made a song with eJay, you can't claim it as yours. What you do in eJay is putting different sounds into one whole. These sounds (also known as samples) are made by the eJay-sample-creating-staff (kinda'), so your finished song isn't really yours, it's all these sample creators song. Well yeah, you put them together, but I don't think that counts anyway. So don't go around telling everyone that it's fully your own songs.
    So, by my opinion you have to make your own sounds from scratch and put'em together to say it's your song and be able to but a copyright mark on it.

That's the two I recommend. I bet there's more similar programs out there but, uhm... yeah.

But if you want any help with Kristal (I don't use eJay anymore), just PM me.

Take care! (-cool_)
    When I'm grown and smart, I'll figure something clever to write here...