Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

Enthusiast

Cloverfield

I literally just so a comerical (spelling) for it saying that its now out with new declassified film. I wonder what it could be?

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo Da Vinci
    "Our life is made by the deaths of others."

Devoted Veteran

Re: Cloverfield

The one thing I hated about the movie is that I had to come home and do some research to understand some things. The satellite falling at the end for example. Also, where the monster goes by and you see it for about 1 and a half seconds is just pathetic, ITS A MONSTER MOVIE, I WANT TO SEE MONSTERS, NOT A 'BLINK AND YOU MISS IT MONSTER', pathetic.

I want a sequel, just to explain some shit to me. If they make another after that I'll kill them.

One more bad thing about the movie: the camera angles. Way over the top, it was stupid how shaky the camera was, when he's running around trying to escape huge monsters it's okay, but when he's filming in the opening bit, there's no excuse. It's like they got a guy off the street to film it, it's horrible.

I'm sorry, I rant when I see 'Cloverfield', I was so excited about it and they ruined my life, I felt like killing myself.

I have no idea what this thread is about.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    The one thing I hated about the movie is that I had to come home and do some research to understand some things. The satellite falling at the end for example. Also, where the monster goes by and you see it for about 1 and a half seconds is just pathetic, ITS A MONSTER MOVIE, I WANT TO SEE MONSTERS, NOT A 'BLINK AND YOU MISS IT MONSTER', pathetic.

I want a sequel, just to explain some shit to me. If they make another after that I'll kill them.

One more bad thing about the movie: the camera angles. Way over the top, it was stupid how shaky the camera was, when he's running around trying to escape huge monsters it's okay, but when he's filming in the opening bit, there's no excuse. It's like they got a guy off the street to film it, it's horrible.

I'm sorry, I rant when I see 'Cloverfield', I was so excited about it and they ruined my life, I felt like killing myself.

I have no idea what this thread is about.
    your deep man.
    Umm, me and my brother agree. The movie was very anti-climactic and I thought they got seriously lazy when it came to the monster scenes, like you said, I barely saw the Monster and the tiny monsters were like, retarded. Some really cool, effctive killing and dying scenes. But other then that I didn't like it that much, I also didn't understand half the film.
    My Thread

CHUCKNORRIS.

It made my head hurt. Seriously.

Get a tripod FFS.

Veteran Enthusiast

I thought this movie was awesome and i loved most of it. Sure you don't see the monster that much, but it was still all good to watch.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Enthusiast

Whats wrong with you all <.<
    It makes a bigger impact when you dont see the monster all of the time, or does someone think Godzilla is a scary movie ?
    And what would these normal dudes and girls do for it ? Kick it in the balls ?

I sure as hell would try to run as far as possible from a monster rather than trying to get a good clip from it for YouTube.

Enthusiast

I love the movie for all the reasons you complain about. Why? Well, for once, we're not the same, omniscient movie audience we're used to. We're stuck right in the same situation as the main characters: knowing next to nothing, just needing to survive, and I feel the movie pulls it off very well. I also feel the shakiness is very genuine and adds to the panic and confusion that the movie tries to present. It was probably the most on-the-edge-of-my-seat a movie has made me feel for a very long time.

Too bad NONE of this will have the same affect watching it at home. It's pretty much a theater-only film. *sigh*

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Snigge
    Whats wrong with you all <.<
    It makes a bigger impact when you dont see the monster all of the time, or does someone think Godzilla is a scary movie ?

I sure as hell would try to run as far as possible from a monster rather than trying to get a good clip from it for YouTube.
    Yeah, obviously. Everyone would run as far as possible, in that respect that camera angles are perfectly fine, but they are shaky at the worst possible times. He's making that little movie thing at the beginning and it's shaking all over the place, it's like he's having a seizure or something. If some crazy guy came up to me shaking like he had epilepsy, I'd shit myself. Seriously though, it was WAY too shaky.

To Silvereye, the same point. The concept of the film was fantastic, as we can all relate. We'd all pussy it and run as far and fast as possible, there is always confusion present, again fitting.

The movie definitely didn't have me on the edge of my seat, the only scene that I really appreciated was when that girl dies from the little monster, everyone in the cinema gasped and I just stood up and starting laughing, hard. I embarrassed everyone I was with and it was awesome.

The scene where you see the monster is pathetic, I honestly didn't see it when I was watching the movie at the cinema, I had to come home and YouTube it to finally see it - I'm serious.

I'm sorry, but it was advertised as a monster movie, a monster movie isn't a movie in which you see the monster for 2 seconds and then never again, it's a horrible idea. In my opinion, it should have been filmed during the day because then I would be able to tell what the fuck was going on. Godzilla is a famous monster because we know what he looks like and toys have been made off of him, it's not worth the effort to buy the DVD and pause it at the right time just to see the monster, it was advertised as a MONSTER MOVIE.

If you weren't throwing up in the corner of the cinema, you may have stayed to the end of the movie, in which a message is played. It says "Help us", this was a fantastic idea, this isn't sarcasm. They just put it in the wrong place entirely. It should have been played right after the scene on the ferris wheel, you have to admit that would pull it off fantastically. I'm also pissed how they couldn't just play "It's still alive", no, no. It has to be BACKWARDS, for god's sake. This movie is in the shadows too much, way too much.

Now, the splash. I didn't even see this in the CINEMA. The HUGE screen and I didn't see it. I also knew it was coming, I didn't know where or when but I knew it was coming and I still didn't see it. Again, I had to come home and YouTube it, this is getting pathetic.

The only real reason I went to watch this is because all my friends had different opinions on what it looked like and I know why. The monster cannot be described, it can't be compared to anything. Some of my geekier friends referred to it as 'Sin', from FFX and most just a giant whale. It looks nothing like either, I honestly can't find words to describe it. I'm not angry at the developers about that, as the concept is original, I just wish more information was supplied on it, other than "LOL ITS FROM OCEAN IT BEEN ASLEPE".

Right, to sum up: The movie was disappointing, very disappointing. It was in the shadows too much, way too much. I love films where you have to figure stuff out, but when I have to look around on dozens of websites (this is right after the film was released, there is lots more information now) to find out what the hell happened - it's gone too far. I really hope the DVD comes with commentary so I can find out what they were thinking when they put certain scenes in this movie.

2/5.

Edit - Just to clarify, I obviously saw the monster at the end, when you see it's quote unquote: "External lungs", on it's cheeks and it bites him in half WHICH IS EPIC BTW. But the bit where he has the camera on the TV, I literally blinked and missed it. I saw it's legs a few times, and I saw half of it once when it looked like it was coming towards them, but turned off, but that's it. I would've fucking loved to see it fullbody, terrorising the entire fucking city, it'd improve this shit stain amazingly.

Enthusiast

Thats a huge block of text, and all you really say in it is that camera angles are good but shaky, and then you go batshit because you cant see the monster completly.

And im seeing this more as a survival movie, and thats how it was advertised at here too. So blame your country for misleading you, or better yet, sue them, that always works.

Enthusiast

Ok, now that is all settled, wow Smore how long did it take you to type all that? Anyways what do you think the new declassified film will be about? Will it show the monster entire body? Will the girl who was killed live? Or do you think they will do it with a real time of camera with out all the shakines?

I personally think that It will show the entire monster's figure, and showing how the statue of liberty's head landed up on the street of New York City, and maybe in the credits you will be able to understand what they say.

Just my opinion, what do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo Da Vinci
    "Our life is made by the deaths of others."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast