Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Soggy Bottom Boys

You might know them from the movie "Oo Brother Where Art Thou" they're song A Man of Constant Sorrow.I suggest you find it somewhere because its dabomb, really nice and oldish.

Well, I most probably will get banned for saying a lot of shit to Smashdood over MSN because the dear behated admins at darkdemon.org will not change my name which would probably take about 10 seconds or so but heh.

Yeah, but I've always wondered if there actually were a band called The Soggy Bottom Boys, or was it just something the producers came up with especially for the movie? And another one: Did George Clooney and the other guys actually sing the song? I don't mean that they sang during the shooting, but did they record it with the actual voices of the actors?

Somebody have any answers?
    When I'm grown and smart, I'll figure something clever to write here...

Enthusiast

-

First off you did a major bump and secondly yes they did sing that song themselves :]) Dont ever bump again (simile_)

Well, I most probably will get banned for saying a lot of shit to Smashdood over MSN because the dear behated admins at darkdemon.org will not change my name which would probably take about 10 seconds or so but heh.

To be honest, I don't know what a bump is... *:+
    When I'm grown and smart, I'll figure something clever to write here...

Enthusiast
    woop
    Chapter 2 bumping:
    Bumping applies to pretty much every topic. Bumping is when a thread has not been posted on in a while and you post to get it back up for people to notice it. There are 3 kinds of bumping.
    1: Bumping someone else’s flash, art, pivot, or Lego thread
    2: Bumping a thread in which you comment on or answer a question on
    3: Bumping your own flash, art, pivot, or Lego thread

I will show you how to avoid getting in trouble from all three of these, but first a general rule for all of this: Before you post look at there massage and above that it says "Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:26 pm " or something like that

Ex.1
    take a look at the last massage and when they posted it and if it is in a decent time period (like 1-6 days MAX) at 5,6 days only post it if you have something to say about it that would really help with the animation and make shure it has C.C. ))(* I wouldn’t do any thing after 7 days and if it really important I would wait till their next post or just pm them. un less its darkdemon he'll kill you innless it is a support issues (which I don’t blame him).

Ex.2
    Here use the general rule first then think is this thread popular enough to bump this many days (with this kind of thread I would only say about 1-5 days). Then if it is over say 4 days think is what im posting really giving a good argument or giving a good agreement. Or if it is a question then think how I could expand this to make it worth posting and people aknolageing it.

Ex.3
    If you want to post an animation and you were the last one to post just use Toastmaster's tut. But if you went the last one to post and you’re posting a new animation it doesn’t matter how long it was as long as you are posting an animation. if your not posting an animation and saying thank you or answering a question its ok if it is around 1-5 days after that just post when you post your next animation or just pm them.

Summary: Bumping is mostly common sense. All I have to say is THINK.
    and read it *locked