Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Is Metallica Actually Getting Bad?

I've had many discussions with people that listened to metallica back in the "Kill Em All" age and they all say that Metallica's heavyness is going away. Personally I've listened to Metallica for about 4 years now which was when i was 10 and I dont think that they've gotten any worse, I just think that they have matured as a band. Sure on the new album there are a couple of flaws like the snare is way to thumpy and loud but at least its not as shitty as St.Anger was.

I just want real Metallica fans to give me their opinions on the new album and how Metallica is advancing as a band.

APOLOGY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION.
    Repent-or-Perish

Enthusiast

Re: Is Metallica Actually Getting Bad?

Their new album is actually pretty good

better than St Anger shit...
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

Enthusiast

yes i agree there new album is good enough!!! but i hate music thats perses your ears!
    [center:14k5nyi7][/center:14k5nyi7]
    [center:14k5nyi7]My PSN: DepartedProphecy[/center:14k5nyi7]

Should be in music section

I have nothing to contribute really. Metallica are still metallica, and they still make good music. Perhaps not as consistent, but you can't kill them all, LOLOLOLO

Also, the snare is too loud and thumpy? You ever heard a snare that's too quiet in the final mix of a song? To be honest, too loud is 100 times better than too quiet.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

You have a point about the snare there...but what i ment though is that it over powers all other instruments...although your right i havent heard a final mix without it being louder than guitar. Another problem I had was that YOU CAN'T EVEN HEAR TRUJILLO! I mean his bass skills are by far amazing!
    Repent-or-Perish

You can hear bass guitar, but you can't distinguish it from the main guitars. Listen to parts of the songs where the bass drum comes through particularly strongly. Bass players generally play "key" notes over bass drum notes, you can hear the bass guitar much clearer on bass drum notes.

The point is, if you listened to the same track with bass and without bass, the difference is pretty significant. Ever heard a song where they bring the bass up way too high? Arch enemy's cover of symphony of destruction is a good example.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Should be in music section
    Why don't you move it then? owait
    Anyways I think they have gotten a little bit softer, but many bands have over the years.
    "Jesus would never be elected president, how many right-wing Christians are going to vote for a liberal Jew? He's from the middle east and he looks like a goddamn hippie. The FOX network would crucify him, if he hadn't already been arrested as a terrorist."