Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

System of a Down

Why does this thread get made so many times, yet we just can't maintain one to prevent all the threads being made D:

Anyways, my new favourite song, Soil
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxa0BneKsF4

Love every aspect of it, I'll be playing it a lot.

I've been a fan of System of a Down for years, I first heard of them when my sister one of the newer albums and played Vicinity of Obscenity, which I thought was pretty lol. Then I moved on to other songs on the Hypnotize and Mesmerize albums like Revenga and Radio/Video. Some year or so after I realised that System of a Down had so much more to offer, my sister got some copies of Steal This Album! and Toxicity, which I copied myself almost immediately. They weren't so amazing when I first got them, but like every other System of a Down song, they grew on me. I got hooked on The Metro and Snowblind later on when I downloaded some bootleg albums, then today I'm hooked on Soil, from their self titled album, their only album I legitimately bought. Like the rest of their songs, it took a month or two to grow on me.

Also I did some iTunes playcount analysis in September a while back and between March and September I'd listened to 28 hours of System of a Down on my iPod alone.

My goal is to buy every released album legitimately. Talk about System of a Down here and hopefully keep it alive so next time a song of theirs grows on me I don't have to make a new thread of appreciation.

Re: System of a Down

System of a boring LOL. So bored of them.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

This band never really seems to get old. There was a point where I kinda moved away from system for a while, but it always comes back to me. I love the two part harmonies that Serj and Daron get going, it's beautiful.

Ever since system has been on hiatus though I've been listening to a lot of Scars On Broadway, good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Head/Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuddermuffin
    I have a hole in my bed so I can sleep on my stomach even with a boner.
    That helps me sleep for sure.
    So in effect you make love to your bed

Daron took too much space in latest two album. Leaving serj with few vocals performances. But hey, some of their song is great. Others are just:
    Already heard it.

I just got into a SOiL a little myself, but they reaaaally do have to grow on you I think, or they're just plain annoying..but then they start getting stuck in your head and soon as you know it you have to go listen to them when you get home..yeah lol.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Quote Originally Posted by FryLock
    I just got into a SOiL a little myself, but they reaaaally do have to grow on you I think, or they're just plain annoying..but then they start getting stuck in your head and soon as you know it you have to go listen to them when you get home..yeah lol.
    System of a Down thread, GOGOGOGO.

Welcome to the city of mis-reads. Soil is a System of a Down song in their Self Titled album. Hurrahh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    System of a Down thread, GOGOGOGO.

Welcome to the city of mis-reads. Soil is a System of a Down song in their Self Titled album. Hurrahh!!
    Ohh..I never listened to it..IF YOU HAD MADE THE DAMN LINK CLICKABLE WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION .
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Too bad they're on hiatus right now. Serj Tankian just released his solo album.

A year ago, I think though.

I love soad - byob

Probably the most epic song ever. I have it on FoF

Soil is pretty good, but my love goes to needles. For their epic mid-song cut of the rock and goes:
    "I'm,
    sitting in my room with a needle in my hand
    just waiting for the tomb
    of some old dying man"
    etc.
    But.. are they back together yet? I never keep up with these things.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Tom

They're great. Great musicians, great music, strong views, and from what I've heard they're really nice fella's.

Soil is indeed an epic song. The 'why did you take him away from us you motherfucker' part makes me just want to break shit. If you havn't already, you should get all their B-Sides. Virgin Tea (might find it under the wrong name of 'Virginity'), Outer Space, and my personal favourite 'Friik!!'.

I have their '96 demo tape which got them signed also, which has songs on it like Mind, Darts, Soil, and a couple of rarities like Temper and Honey. Judging by how much you appreciated their music you probably have these too.

Anyway, I might be going to see Scars on Broadway this year, so if I do I'll be stoked because it'll be the only time I'll be able to ever see any of the members.

Friends for years, images of red!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast