Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost

Dedicated Member

Lost

Not sure if there's already been a topic on it, whatever.

It's been getting more covered by channels lately, dunno why but I had a chance to re-watch the first few seasons and I did like it at the beginning. But don't yah think it just went too far after like... Season 2-ish?

It was a great idea to have all the characters on the show a different cliche that somehow formed together for one Lord of the Flies super survival group but it got old..

Re: Lost

"Oh fuck it's a polar bear,"

The show DRAGS on FOREVER. Stopped watching it a long time ago.
    [center:2z3cs3qk]"If I had a dollar bill for every time I've been wrong,
    I'd be a self-made millionaire,
    and you'd still be gone."
    [/center:2z3cs3qk]

Veteran Enthusiast

Its kinda like Heroes, it had an amazing first season and then the second season was no where near as good. But now the other seasons proved to be really good as well. I've always enjoyed lost and i like having to work things out keeps you on your toes =]

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Yeah, it's one of my favorite shows. Thing is, they're so friggen annoying with their schedule. Season finale was like May, and the season premier is still a little less than 4 months away.

After watching the first season I was totally hooked. Then it went down. Everything's so stupid afterall and things get WAY too weird. But yeah, they have some damn good writers (because they still come up with new ideas)!
    [center:s0gvfw74][/center:s0gvfw74]

Devoted Veteran

Not a huge fan of it. Like many others say, it seems to drag on too much.

Watched most of the first season, but after that I just couldn't be bothered/dragged on too much/got boring.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

What the shit is it with everyone and the "drags on too much" bullshit? Every show "drags on", its called a plot. See, each episode, the plot advances. More things added, more things taken away. This goes on until a climax, like a season/series finale. See, without a plot, there is no story; no story, no show; no show, no... well, that's about it.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx
    What the shit is it with everyone and the "drags on too much" bullshit? Every show "drags on", its called a plot. See, each episode, the plot advances. More things added, more things taken away. This goes on until a climax, like a season/series finale. See, without a plot, there is no story; no story, no show; no show, no... well, that's about it.
    Thanks for the great 'plot' definition. You just made Lost several times less shit.

'Dragging on' means they're taking a certain aspect too far and now showing us where it's going. It's not a plot, as a plot 'develops', showing us more and more as we go along. Lost likes to start a 'plot', then have several branches going off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Lost likes to start a 'plot', then have several branches going off it.
    ...that's the plot... It's growing. You're getting more information. First it was a bunch of nameless people on an island. Then you got insight into each of them. Then there were new additions to the plot. The monster, the others, the camps splitting up, the freighter, the island having paranormal powers...

I don't see any "dragging on". Be more specific on what is being "dragged on". You can use the same crap excuse on any show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast