Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guitar Solos

9 50.00%
  • Double Kick

3 16.67%
  • Both

6 33.33%
  • Don't Care,I fucking love the chorusDD

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Guitar Solos or Double Kick?

The days of guitar solos and shredding are long gone but not forgotten.

And it seems faster double kick seems to be the trend right now.

So which do you like better in a song?The double kick or the guitar solos?

Re: Guitar Solos or Double Kick?

Guitar Solo's, no doubt. (IMO) It takes more skill to play the guitar in an awesome fashion that having to play drums and double bass it up at the same time. Although I do enjoy double bass if they're particularly awesome, I would prefer to have a kickass guitar solo in a song than the other.

But if they're at the same time, then it's another level of awesomeness :U
    [center:1zstuksu]His tears cannot, as he proclaims his love, be held with lightning back;[/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu][/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu]They fondly dance into an open window, and fondly dance with mine.[/center:1zstuksu]

If it's like Hellhammer double bassing it makes me want to cream my pants, however guitar solo's get stuck in my head more often.

I say guitar solos for me, but I enjoy both a lot.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

I love both. It sounds good with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught
    Guitar Solo's, no doubt. (IMO) It takes more skill to play the guitar in an awesome fashion that having to play drums and double bass it up at the same time. Although I do enjoy double bass if they're particularly awesome, I would prefer to have a kickass guitar solo in a song than the other.

But if they're at the same time, then it's another level of awesomeness :U
    actually it takes more skill to keep a steady, quick double bass beat and keep a decent sounding fill on the drums then it does to belt out a wailing guitar solo just because you feet and hands have to be in so much more sych then with you hands just moving your fingers fast isnt terribly hard they both just take natural skill and practice i guess.

If I had to chose between one or the other I'd be partial to a at least 32nd note double bass line than a wailing solo just because i like the sound of double bass and if you've heard a bunch of solos you've basically heard em all.
    Repent-or-Perish

Fanatic Enthusiast Fuddermuffin's Avatar

Double Bass is fucking hard. D:<
    I'm trying to speed up my double bass but it's hard to without making it flam and the fact that I have pretty crappy off-centered pedals.
    But Guitar Solos you can do more with and most songs have the bass drum too muted.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1221454788.gif[/img] - Click Clack
    Steam ID: Fuddermuffin (Team Fortress 2)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCeeArr

actually it takes more skill to keep a steady, quick double bass beat and keep a decent sounding fill on the drums then it does to belt out a wailing guitar solo just because you feet and hands have to be in so much more sych then with you hands just moving your fingers fast isnt terribly hard they both just take natural skill and practice i guess.
    Yeah, you may be right, but I like the melodic aspect of guitar solos, not just a toneless drum pounding away at tremendous speeds. I do respect fucking awesome drum players who can play amazing pieces that require vigorous training and pain that's involved in playing the drums like that, but guitar solos offer something different than just playing the double bass; the ability to play a song that gives a great feeling to the listener and the musician, and the feeling that even after you listen to a different song by a different artist, or the same artist, you can remember to when you heard that unholy guitar solo and say "holy hell, this is awesome."

But I'm not saying it's the same with tremendous double bass, because I can remember the pieces that require the skill to pull it off. I guess it's all personal preference in the end :P
    [center:1zstuksu]His tears cannot, as he proclaims his love, be held with lightning back;[/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu][/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu]They fondly dance into an open window, and fondly dance with mine.[/center:1zstuksu]

What a dumb comparison to make. It's like trying to compare blue to red.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCeeArr
    if you've heard a bunch of solos you've basically heard em all.
    I don't know much about drums, but I'm pretty sure you can be more original with guitar solos than double bass drum.

Guitar solos have more melody, and if it's someone like Dimebag or Slash playing a guitar solo, then obviously, guitar solos are much better, but then again, Hellhammer's double kicks make me shit myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast