Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Above the Clouds - Lightyear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUiiIh2Vo4

Due to few "incidents" lately, I went solo in FL Studio for once and made this.

The sound is a bit fucked from Youtubeiness but I hope you enjoy.

EDIT: Changed name, sound better now.
    EDIT: Made the Changes Skype >:C

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Re: Classical n' Bass - Lightyear

That was AWESOME.

I want the mp3 F:

Make more!

For a start, there was no Classical element at all. Maybe you should look up the meaning of classical.

The synths at the beginning were too annoying to be repeated so much, then when they were layered it just sounded bad.

You over use sytrus way too much, and it sounds bad. I see you still use sytrus for bass, which is a no.

The drums were just a preset. Before you say they arent, they are, because i have the same sound file.

The effects such as the symbol crash at the beginning and end were very low Q compared to the rest of the song.

The bass was repetitive, which it isnt supposed to be. there is always supposed to be variation and layering with bass, otherwise it just sounds flat.

Although there was a beginning and a middle, there was no end. It just stopped all of a sudden with a crash. And the beginning was too repetitive. If you're going to have the same pattern played over and over for the intro, make it longer than 1 bar.

It sounded like it had little to no mastering, which is odd as i complimented you on your mastering skills a lot before, so why you'd leave the drums sounding so shallow i dont know.

Overall it seems you just ignored everything i told you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    For a start, there was no Classical element at all. Maybe you should look up the meaning of classical.

The synths at the beginning were too annoying to be repeated so much, then when they were layered it just sounded bad.

You over use sytrus way too much, and it sounds bad. I see you still use sytrus for bass, which is a no.

The drums were just a preset. Before you say they arent, they are, because i have the same sound file.

The effects such as the symbol crash at the beginning and end were very low Q compared to the rest of the song.

The bass was repetitive, which it isnt supposed to be. there is always supposed to be variation and layering with bass, otherwise it just sounds flat.

Although there was a beginning and a middle, there was no end. It just stopped all of a sudden with a crash. And the beginning was too repetitive. If you're going to have the same pattern played over and over for the intro, make it longer than 1 bar.

It sounded like it had little to no mastering, which is odd as i complimented you on your mastering skills a lot before, so why you'd leave the drums sounding so shallow i dont know.

Overall it seems you just ignored everything i told you.
    You're just mad.

I knew you'd try to stab me back with my songs.

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Re: Above the Clouds - Lightyear

No, im giving fair constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    No, im giving fair constructive criticism. Moron.
    Alright, fixing all of the stuff you hate and reposting it on Youtube.

The beginning was awesome, apart from the slightly off build up into the intro, which sounded a little bit out of key, and then when it went into the main part, it was again slightly out of key, but it got awesome from there, and sounded awesome with the particular beat, especially when you added some offbeat moments. In my opinion though, it changed a little too much in the middle, it could have done with being a bit more consistent, but yet again, this was not much of a problem, it still sounded good. Near the middle, when it went into a quiet moment, the build up back into the main song sounded a little dodgy, but the ending was very fitting to the song.
    But overall, it sounded pretty awesome, hopefully your next song will sound better with experience.

Ok guys, at request of Skype, I fixed as many problems as I could with my spare time and reposted the video, so you'll have to retype your comments :c

That was an immense improvement, it sounds a lot more together now, and it also sounds more in key than the old one.
    Good job, I look forward to seeing more music from you.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    That was an immense improvement, it sounds a lot more together now, and it also sounds more in key than the old one.
    Good job, I look forward to seeing more music from you.
    Also, I'm glad to say I no longer have to go solo, but I still have one solo thats just about finished.

Stay tuned

Side Note: If you truly like my songs, just add me on MSN and I can give you exclusive songs not released

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast