Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Killswitch Engage NEW CD SPRING 09!

Killswitch Engage announced today plans for the recording of their as-yet untitled fourth album for Roadrunner Records. The album will follow 2006’s As Daylight Dies, which is approaching Gold-status.

For the first time in their career, the band will work with an outside producer and have chosen Brendan O’Brien (AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam) to man the boards. Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, a noted producer in his own right who has recorded all of the band’s previous albums, will be taking a co-producer role on this record alongside O’Brien.

The band will record in both Georgia and their native Western Massachusetts. Roadrunner expects to release the record in Spring 2009.

Killswitch Engage will spend the winter recording the album and will hit the road in the Spring for a major pre-release tour. Look for more details on that in the near future.

Thanks for the report to Smnnews.com.

Killswitch is a really good band...this cd is supposed to be amazing from rumors i've heard.
    Repent-or-Perish

Dedicated Member

Re: Killswitch Engage NEW CD SPRING 09!

The worst thing KsE could do is to repeat the fate suffered by many of their first-wave metalcore peers, namely driving themselves into irrelevance by writing the same album over and over again. Despite their increasingly mainstream-leaning direction, Killswitch have proven themselves consistently excellent songwriters and the quality of their material has never suffered. It’d be quite swell if the band got heavier with every release instead of lighter, but realistically it was never in the cards, and the only band ever that I can think of who successfully did this was Pantera. And let’s face it: Killswitch is no Pantera, and never had aspirations to be. They’ve always approached their music with a sense of humor, which is one of the many things that I think draws people to the band. So if this is the direction the band wants to go in, then fuck it, go for the gold — I’m sure it will be damn good.
    Im gonna have to completely agree on this guy opinion.

Courtesy of Metalsucks.com

Actually KsE has gotten a bit heavier from their first album, that might be because they had switched singers. But yes Pantera was the only real band that pulled off getting heavier for every album they put out. Why do you think everyone was devistated when Dime-Bag was shot?

But still yet KsE has good songs none the less, you cant deny that fact.

If for some reason they do end up getting heavier they will be completely rewarded by the metal community because everyone got upset at metallica for black album and the following albums. These guys are not like metallica or pantera at all, yes.

We will just have to wait and see with this album, they still have basically 4 months to get done which is enough time to get some good heavy songs out if they try extra hard.
    Repent-or-Perish

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCeeArr
    Actually KsE has gotten a bit heavier from their first album, that might be because they had switched singers. But yes Pantera was the only real band that pulled off getting heavier for every album they put out. Why do you think everyone was devistated when Dime-Bag was shot?

But still yet KsE has good songs none the less, you cant deny that fact.

If for some reason they do end up getting heavier they will be completely rewarded by the metal community because everyone got upset at metallica for black album and the following albums. These guys are not like metallica or pantera at all, yes.

We will just have to wait and see with this album, they still have basically 4 months to get done which is enough time to get some good heavy songs out if they try extra hard.

To be honest,I don't really mine the heaviness,the chorus is what they really good at but if its heavy but shitty chorus then it sucks but yeah if they can be heavy and have epic choruses then its good

SX
    Fanatic Enthusiast

IMO KSE havnt got heavier. With jesse they had a extremly raw and powerful sound, and with Howard its more mainstream and modern sounding. I love both.

Hope this album succeeds in something different, as I dont think they could pull off a third album written similerly like end of heartache compared to daylight dies.

As a side note, does anyone else think a side project with Adam D as main vocs would be awesome?

YES it would be awesome if Adam D had a side project on where he was main vocals.
    Repent-or-Perish

Dedicated Member

Hell yeah that would be awesome