Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Axl Rose slams "Guitar Hero"

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose has slammed Activision, the makers of computer game Guitar Hero, for using his band's songs in the game.

In an open letter to fans, the singer hinted that legal proceedings may occur, saying that "it'll need some sorting".

Rose said that he didn't object to former Guns guitarist Slash being involved in the game, but claimed that the songs "Welcome To The Jungle" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" were being used in an "unauthorised" state.

"Him [Slash] being [in] 'Guitar Hero''s fine but not when Activison is using '…Jungle'… unauthorized," he wrote in the garbled letter.

"I wasn't broadsided," he continued. "I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. That's some low life chicanery on all their parts.

"Yes, Slash was in Guns and on '…Jungle' and he has rights to perform it, but not to be represented in this context in association with Guns. And since they weren't granted the license it'll take some sorting."

personally, i think that Axl Rose is a cry baby when he doesnt get his way.
    Repent-or-Perish

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Axl Rose slams "Guitar Hero"

I knew Axl Rose was a sell-out. But this is just plain lolable.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

How is this so awful? If Activision didn't get the proper licensing to use the songs in the game, then it's perfectly reasonable for Axl to be unhappy. 99% of other artists would have the exact same response.

Then again, chances are he's just spouting this without understanding who owns the rights to what, but it's not like he's a dick for being against people using his work without permission.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Judging from rose's track record, he's not doing this out of interest for legal niceties, he's just attention whoring again. Nothing wrong with it, but he's a dick and if people decide to see what he's doing in a twisted light, it's his own fault. LOLS
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

I don't care enough to look into this, so I don't understand much of what's going on, but knowing Axl he's probably overreacting. Besides, Activision didn't use the song Sweet Child O' Mine, Harmonix did. They did use Welcome To The Jungle though.

I'd probably do the same thing if they didn't get my permission. But then again I don't perfectly understand the situation.

Axl Roses is a wannabe Kid Rock or Vice Versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Axl Roses is a wannabe Kid Rock or Vice Versa.
    1. Axl Rose has been around WAYYY longer than Kid Rock.

2. Yes, Axl is just being an attention whore. If he was going to do this why didnt he LAST YEAR when the game came out? Plus Slash was incorperated in write Welcome to the Jungle...so if he said they could use it and he signed the contract that means that they have the right to use it.
    Repent-or-Perish