Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drumming.

Drumming.

I assume that this is ok, seeing as Darren is always doing it, but here is my first EVER drumming video after returning to drums.
    Sorry about the quality, I will get a better camera soon, and the actual drumming isn't that great because I was half-asleep, lol.
    But here we go..
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DcONUq3 ... annel_page

Re: Drumming.

that was a really catchy beat. Pretty good for being half asleep, I would have ended up stabbing myself with my drumstick or something if I were half asleep :/ Now I have but one question for you:

Do you have drum head deadeners on your snare and toms? Because your snare drum had a ring to it.
    v The Thread v

No actually, I just have the crappy standard heads that came with the kit, but hopefully I am going to replace them with some new, shiny Remo heads.
    And thanks, I'm surprised that I didn't fall off the stool, lol.

The heads that come with the kits always sound crappy, but Remo is good, that's what I have on my drumset and it sounds uber tight. Mine had build-in deadeners, but they were bad, my toms had terrible rings to them. But anyways, good luck with your drumming
    v The Thread v

Saying it's "completely improvised" loses its appeal when you play the same thing for the whole video :P It was ok. You're just starting (again), so it's good for the level you're at. The opening of the hi hat could be a bit tighter, instead of letting it bleed into the next note, you should be cutting it off quickly. Or maybe you MEANT to play it open for 2 notes. I dunno lawl.

Main thing for you to work on is the sound of that snare. Tune the reso WAY higher, I mean, unnaturally high. Until you're afraid it'll break high. Then keep tuning the batter up in slight increments (maybe an 8th of a turn of each lug) until it sounds good. Snares are meant to be high-pitched. At least 5 octaves above the bass don't you know :0
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Thanks for the advice Darren, and yeah, I actually have no idea why I put the "improvised" bit in there.

Kewl even though I learned sixteenth notes around the 2nd week I started playing. lol

Dedicated Member

meh, i suck too anyways but good job for first try...again! haha lol
    <3 MOTION, EXTREMIST AND WOLF!

Elmo said:
    If you want, put something i your sig saying you know something about negatives that others don't

^ and i did

Van

Yeah, but MachineGunSmith has probably played drums for a few years, and I...haven't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast