Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kappa Mikey

Kappa Mikey

Classic Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0ZiA2x ... playnext=1
    I hope the video Playlist is working =D

I'm still laughing from it

Guano and Gonard are the best

You're heading south for the border,
    This is the site of the murder.
    Cause you're armed with hate and a handgun,
    Girl, Get in the car I'm riding shotgun.
    Casanova Rodeo - The word Alive
    Seriously, buy me vip =D

All Hail The Almighty Orange,
    Or It Will Rape You Sideways!

Von
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Kappa Mikey

i love that show but i dont watch nicktoon studios anymore some of the shows at night are so disturbing.

it was a pretty decent show with the dancing sushi.

should this not be in flims/radio?
    [center:3aossgfx][/center:3aossgfx]

Moved to Films/TV/Radio by request.

Alright. I was doubting between Film/Tv/Radio and Humor but cause I was still laughing I chose Humor. Sorry >.<

Seriously, buy me vip =D

AHhh no the Japanese stereotypes make me want to kill myself.
    Some people may find it funny, and it's the point of the show to an extent, but to me it's just offensive and I hate to see anime portrayed like that.
    [center:3346oc0h][/center:3346oc0h]
    [center:3346oc0h]Blog Anims Art[/center:3346oc0h]

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSTi5
    AHhh no the Japanese stereotypes make me want to kill myself.
    Some people may find it funny, and it's the point of the show to an extent, but to me it's just offensive and I hate to see anime portrayed like that.
    Wait are you saying that you find it offensive, that they made typical anime styled characters and made some of them really daft, stupid and silly and you find it offensive? Its not insulting Japanese people, its more insulting actual anime characters. So personally i don't see what you find so offensive. Also i've seen several actual Japanese animes that are kinda like this show as i've seen my dad watching them. I just shake my head and walk away.

Also i thought it was ok, but not that funny but why is one an american cartoon and have such a thick outline etc.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Wait are you saying that you find it offensive, that they made typical anime styled characters and made some of them really daft, stupid and silly and you find it offensive? Its not insulting Japanese people, its more insulting actual anime characters. So personally i don't see what you find so offensive. Also i've seen several actual Japanese animes that are kinda like this show as i've seen my dad watching them. I just shake my head and walk away.
    I never said it was offensive to Japanese people. Maybe I used the wrong word. I dislike it because it's spreading the idea that that's what anime is like. I don't want people to think of this when I say I watch anime. You yourself is actually a good point in case. I don't know what kind of anime your dad watches, but if it's like that, then... well... it's pretty crappy anime. You'd be surprised at how mature and complex good anime can be. So I don't want people thinking that all anime is the stereotypical anime that you are perhaps thinking of, which is exactly what this show is spreading.

I kinda get your point, but I gotta disagree.
    I like watching animes and I don't have the idea at all that their stereotyping at all. I think it's funny when I spot an anime character that I know. Yugi, Kakashi, it's funny to spot 'em.

Seriously, buy me vip =D

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSTi5
    I never said it was offensive to Japanese people. Maybe I used the wrong word. I dislike it because it's spreading the idea that that's what anime is like. I don't want people to think of this when I say I watch anime. You yourself is actually a good point in case. I don't know what kind of anime your dad watches, but if it's like that, then... well... it's pretty crappy anime. You'd be surprised at how mature and complex good anime can be. So I don't want people thinking that all anime is the stereotypical anime that you are perhaps thinking of, which is exactly what this show is spreading.
    I realised after writing all that, that you hadn't said anything about japanese people... but to be honest i couldn't be bothered to change ha ha.

But anyway, you're talking about the serious animes, i'm going to have a guess that you've never seen any of the comedy animes. Seen as they have a very cartoony style like that often to show the emotions and feelings easily. So alot of anime is like that, you most likely just haven't seen it.

...........[img]http://**********.com/img/1215620802.jpg[/img]
    LAZYTOWN FOR THE WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlucario
    Um... Can you please stop calling Kankuro a clown? It's hurting my feelings

But anyway, you're talking about the serious animes, i'm going to have a guess that you've never seen any of the comedy animes. Seen as they have a very cartoony style like that often to show the emotions and feelings easily. So alot of anime is like that, you most likely just haven't seen it.
    No I've seen my fair share of more comedy oriented animes too. And you have a point, they are like that. I just hate that that has become the generalization of anime in most American's minds. And this show is a perfect example of that. So that's why it irritates me. It's not that it's a totally false stereotype, some anime is like that, but it is indeed a sterotype, and to stereotype such a broad thing as anime is bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast