Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Musician Help Centre

Though I haven't been regestered here long, I thought it might be a good idea to make a sort of help thread for musicians looking to hone their skills, or for new musicians to seek assistance from seasoned veterans.

Feel free to ask questions or submit hints, which I will hopefully update on a fairly regular basis to the first post. I'll also try to help as much as possible with answering your queries, or pointing you in the direction of someone who can help.

[center:2izipnrh]First: Some Small Tips for Guitarists[/center:2izipnrh]

*When first starting, try to use all of your fingers with equal frequency, it will help you be more rounded in the long run. Remember: Your Pinky is Your Friend!

*Remember to try and use all of the neck, not just one part.

*Try to figure out notes and chords that go well together. Theory is helpful, but knowing scales is a must.

*Learn as many different variations of the base chords as you can; minors, 7ths, and other variations are good to know when they come up in note books.

*Play on an acoustic, this will greatly increase your finger strength and, if you decide to move to an electric, will increase your finger speed greatly.

*Don't worry too much about playing fast. First try to get the right tone and solidify the changes. Speed is secondary.

As a general point to all musicians:

*Attempt things that may be beyond your skill level( Don't set your standards too high, however) Don't dwell on getting them perfect the first day or two, good things come to those who wait.

Re: Musician Help Centre

You should rename this to "why anyone with a guitar should listen to me". Thanks for the common sense though, I'm sure someone will need it.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Fresh Newbie

Re: Musician Help Centre

Common sense is only common to those who possess it. Thanks for your sarcasm though, it was most helpful. Just trying to help.