Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora.com

Pandora.com

Quote Originally Posted by Makers of Pandora.com
    The Music Genome Project®

On January 6, 2000 a group of musicians and music-loving technologists came together with the idea of creating the most comprehensive analysis of music ever.

Together we set out to capture the essence of music at the most fundamental level. We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony. It's not about what a band looks like, or what genre they supposedly belong to, or about who buys their records - it's about what each individual song sounds like.

Since we started back in 2000, we've carefully listened to the songs of tens of thousands of different artists - ranging from popular to obscure - and analyzed the musical qualities of each song one attribute at a time. This work continues each and every day as we endeavor to include all the great new stuff coming out of studios, clubs and garages around the world.

It has been quite an adventure, you could say a little crazy - but now that we've created this extraordinary collection of music analysis, we think we can help be your guide as you explore your favorite parts of the music universe.

We hope you enjoy the journey.

Tim Westergren
    Founder
    The Music Genome Project
    Pretty much what Pandora does is it analyzes a song from an artist and finds similar songs that match based on vocals, melody, rythym ect.
    It's a great idea and introduces you to a lot of different artists and songs

It can be found here: http://www.pandora.com/

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Pandora.com

I love that site...a friend told me about it...I've found like 50 new songs so far...but sometimes I think it over analyzes when you have too much of a variety in a station...
    [center:24pu3o4q][/center:24pu3o4q]
    [center:24pu3o4q]Free Stuff!
    I shit you not...[/center:24pu3o4q]

Veteran Enthusiast

Lol, my dad told me about this, and I have loved it ever since. I have learned like, 170 new songs

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Pandora's helped me find a lot of new artists / songs.

Also, if you don't live in the US, http://www.last.fm/ is a great alternative.

Really neat site, brilliant idea too, currently browsing through it. Already found a couple songs and bands I like
    v The Thread v

I use Last.fm but Pandora is still great.
    [center:2ip4lcj2][tn=300:2ip4lcj2]http://i.imgur.com/ZlNjl.gif[/tn:2ip4lcj2][/center:2ip4lcj2]

I'll have to check it out sometime, but i'll stick with last.fm for now

Non-US users can use proxies, or those IP changing programs. Not worth the bother though. Last does the job!
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Devoted Veteran

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why would it matter if you are US or not? (I've never used pandora myself.)
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Pandora is the shizzle. I hate it though; It works too well. I have like, 100 songs waiting to be bought. And I'm poor because I just bought an iPod Touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast