Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Across The Universe

I don't recall there being a topic on this movie, but I just saw it yesterday and think it's great. I grew up around The Beatles (my grandpa was always a Beatles fan and used to play the music constantly). Anyways I thought it was a great movie. Anyones thoughts?
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Re: Across The Universe

I thought it was okay. Mainly liked it for the beatles though.

Irrelevant, but my school always plays music in between classes, and they NEVER play The Beatles, it's always these guys. It saddens me

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Eh, I really didn't like the movie. I though the acting was pretty bad, the plot was boring, the visuals were overdone and it seemed to try too hard to use subtle Beatles jokes to make it interesting.

The music was good, but I thought they sort of threw it in wherever they wanted. There were a lot of songs that sort of showed up in the middle of the movie that had very little to do with the story. I'd say the only really good use of the music was in the draft scene where "I Want You" was playing.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

^^ I agree with you on the visuals. When I was watching it, I was thinking, "What the hell is this?" I thought the acting was pretty good though, and the song choices, but that's just your opinion.

And I'm sure the fact that I love The Beatles influenced my decision on how the movie was.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]