Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terminator Salvation

It was surprisingly good, the acting and the artistic direction was top-notch despite it's terrible rating on RottenTomatoes. But I think the biggest problem as a sequel is the story. It appears to be losing it's place and revisiting places that the previous movies have already explored. It apparently has been criticized for it's action sequences dominating every bit of the film. But I don't really give a shit. However I do feel as though the movie was devoid of emotion, which is why Christian Bale doesn't appear to do a good job.

I'd give it a good rating and say, It's not Star Trek but it's still very good.

[spoiler:143ccpfl]The ending where Marcus gave John Connor his artificial heart was so predictable I could see it coming 4 scenes before. Oh and Reese is the russian guy from Star Trek, talk about multi-tasking.[/spoiler:143ccpfl]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Terminator Salvation

I'm thinking about going to it with my friends soon, seemed pretty intense.
    [center:3a1kmh8b][/center:3a1kmh8b]

What I heard is that the original ending they went with is that John Connor dies, which, In my opinion, would have went with what they talk about the whole time in terminator: "The future is not set in stone", which was proven in T2 and T3, though T3 sucked. Why do terminators die from gunfire, when, any other time they do not and just shave it off as if it was a scratch or something? Then there's also the fact that SKYNET shouldn't talk, because, imo, he's one of those 'faceless' villans, those non-understandable evils, which makes it awesome because you can't understand why or what they think, and they only reason they put it in is to tell Marcus what he was created for. And finally, why does John Connor, 'the chosen one' play such a small role in this one, while kyle and marcus play a much bigger role?

Meh, it just sounds horrible from what I've heard. I guess it could be a decent action movie, but it's just not TERMINATOR. Therefore, I don't think I'll watch it.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Enthusiast

Awesome. It's pure awesome. I'm gonna' go and see it.
    [center:14k5nyi7][/center:14k5nyi7]
    [center:14k5nyi7]My PSN: DepartedProphecy[/center:14k5nyi7]

June 3 in England.

Stupid yanks.
    I'm going to see it on the day it shows, looks nice. Probably be shit compared to 1&2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    What I heard is that the original ending they went with is that John Connor dies, which, In my opinion, would have went with what they talk about the whole time in terminator: "The future is not set in stone", which was proven in T2 and T3, though T3 sucked. Why do terminators...
    Well what you say is true, but you're taking the other movies into account, I may not have seen the other movies and I would have thought it was awesome. Like I said, it doesn't fit well with the other movies altogether, but that's the only fallacy in the movie in my opinion.

[spoiler:7gbhq5kc]John Connor doesn't die btw.[/spoiler:7gbhq5kc]

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    What I heard is that the original ending they went with is that John Connor dies, which, In my opinion, would have went with what they talk about the whole time in terminator: "The future is not set in stone", which was proven in T2 and T3, though T3 sucked. Why do terminators...
    Well what you say is true, but you're taking the other movies into account, I may not have seen the other movies and I would have thought it was awesome. Like I said, it doesn't fit well with the other movies altogether, but that's the only fallacy in the movie in my opinion.

[spoiler:3gul5qvu]John Connor doesn't die btw.[/spoiler:3gul5qvu]
    Yeah, that makes sense. Also, about the spoiler:

[spoiler:3gul5qvu]I know he doesn't die, but that was the ending they originally wanted to use before
    Cristian Bale 'supposedly' signed on to make more Terminator movies. Basically, Marcus goes in, not knowing he's a sleeper agent, in which John connor leads his forces in, and Marcus gets captured. John saves him, turns him on, and Marcus just shoots everyone. Eventually, the camera pans and you see Marcus has John Connor's face.[/spoiler:3gul5qvu]

Also, I'd like to know.. Wtf is with the Holocaust imagery?
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

It was a pretty great movie imo. The only problem I have with it is that Marcus and John Connor look EXACTLY alike. I mean, I couldn't even tell they were two different people until half way into the movie. (A bit of an exaggeration, of course.)

I'm going to see it soon, i hope it is good.

Was awesome, i loved every second of it. The ideas were great, the effects were top notch, and the acting and storyline were sweet. I would defiantly recommend this movie to people, it really kept me entertained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast