Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Avant Garde?

Avant Garde?

Anyone here like that sort of music?

My favourite artists are Jesu, Mono, some of Buckethead's stuff, Sunn 0))) (I know, I know), and more post-rockish type stuff that you could pretty much regard as avant-garde, such as Sigur Ros and Mogwai.

Discuss.

Re: Avant Garde?

Technically every band can be defined as avant garde. Any good band anyway. Not very specific, although I do like malice mizer if you're referring to insanely different groups.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Technically every band can be defined as avant garde. Any good band anyway. Not very specific, although I do like malice mizer if you're referring to insanely different groups.
    Yeah, sorry about not being too specific. You pretty much nailed it though, very different avant garde bands are what I'm on about.

If you're into Post-Rock, then try Godspeed You! Black Emperor, but you've probably already heard of them anyway.

If you're into Avant-Gard Metal, I suggest Behold...the Arctopus, Genghis Tron, SYL, and Deathspell Omega. All very unique and awesome to listen to.
    [center:1zstuksu]His tears cannot, as he proclaims his love, be held with lightning back;[/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu][/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu]They fondly dance into an open window, and fondly dance with mine.[/center:1zstuksu]