Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Wintersun

Wintersun

Folk/power metal. They're aren't mentioned much here so I thought I'd make a thread.

Beyond the Dark Sun
    Winter Madness
    Starchild
    Battle Against Time

They only have self titled album, and a new album titled 'Time' that has been in the works for almost 5 years.

Likes, dislikes, etc.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Banned

Re: Wintersun

Just listened to 'beyond the Dark Sun'. I was really liking it until the vocals came in, not a huge fan of that type of vocals q: The intro was really good though.

Wintersun is the band that got me into metal. Starchild has to be my favorite of their songs, Beautiful Death is amazing also. I'm anticipating their newest album, it's time it comes out, I think Jari's gone through enough producing this album. I hope it's been worth the wait, but I have a feeling he's not going to let us down.
    v The Thread v

I listened to Beyond The Dark Sun. I liked it up until the vocals came in. The guitar in the whole song was pretty cool though.

I think Jari's gone through enough producing this album. I hope it's been worth the wait, but I have a feeling he's not going to let us down.
    Yeah, apparently 'Time' is supposed to incorporate a multitude of elements, even Japanese influences.

It's been delayed an insane amount of times though, lol. I guess I'd rather have 1 great album than 3 mediocre ones, but we'll see I suppose.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I think Jari's gone through enough producing this album. I hope it's been worth the wait, but I have a feeling he's not going to let us down.
    Yeah, apparently 'Time' is supposed to incorporate a multitude of elements, even Japanese influences.

It's been delayed an insane amount of times though, lol. I guess I'd rather have 1 great album than 3 mediocre ones, but we'll see I suppose.
    Oh yes, the amount it's been delayed is ridiculous, as for the Japanese influences, I believe it, one of their songs in their self titled had a section that sounded like it had some. They've released the track lengths, and song wise, with that much time (lol no pun intended) they can probably include enormous amounts of different musical influences in the album.
    v The Thread v