Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bang! Pow! Boom! - ICP

"Ladies and gentlemen, you've all come a long way to be here tonight, and we say welcome.
    Welcome to the Dark Carnival's very extraordinarily special presentation.
    You have been personally selected to witness this once-in-a-lifetime, breathtaking, bomb-ass event.
    Live, and in person! Right here! Right now!
    Without further ado, please welcome the dynamic and explosive Dark Carnival superstar attraction himself!
    This is BANG! POW! BOOM!"

[tn=500:2vjgjv9o]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/lie_fnm/00-insane_clown_posse-bang_pow_boom.jpg[/tn:2vjgjv9o]

Track-listing
    -------------------
    Intro
    Freaky Creep Show [red cover]
    The Clowns Are Back [green cover]
    Beautiful Doom [blue cover]
    In Yo Face
    The Bone
    Zombie Slide
    To Catch A Predator
    Boing Boing
    I Found A Body
    Love
    Fonz Pond
    Imma Kill U
    Juggalo Island
    Vultures
    Vera Lee
    Miracles
    Bang! Pow! Boom!
    -------------------
    Review of the CD
    [Note: These are my personal opinions of the album]

Intro: It's really just an intro, it's definitely not the kind of introduction that you would really expect from an Insane Clown Posse album. Not really an attention grabber but still, it's a good way to start an album though.

Freaky Creep Show: Never listened to this song, no comment.

The Clowns Are Back: Definitely a good song, considering the blue album's introduction song; Beautiful Doom is more of a mellow theme that basically pulls you into the album whereas this album basically comes out and says "This is Bang Pow Boom!" in a straightforward manner which is actually surprising. The beat definitely portrays that of a wicked carnival and shows what is to come in the album itself.

Beautiful Doom: Not a song that I really enjoyed on the blue album itself, now granted, it is a version of Bang! Pow! Boom! and all, but it's just too mellow to really be on the album itself considering that Bang Pow Boom is this catastrophic explosion of a character and what not. I would not prefer getting the track because personally, I just don't think it really fits into the album itself.

In Yo Face [Pie In Yo Face]: Definitely one of ICP's more hyper songs considering that the original title of the song was called Pie In Yo Face. This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album to tell you the truth, the song is not to be taken serious which is one of the reasons why I love the song, that and the lyrics are on the humorous side but also, they can get a bit out of hand especially when J says that he threw a used condom out the car window and hit some guy in the mustache. The beat is a bit meh and all, but it's still a good song, one of their better songs on this album.

The Bone: Another one of their more hyper songs, doesn't really portray much humor as it did in In Yo Face but this song has received some notable air-time on the radio. The beat is a bit better than In Yo Face but it's still not up to par with some of their older stuff.

Zombie Slide: Simple as, not a big fan of this song. Granted the beat is good and all, but I just don't feel the vibe I feel in the rest of the album.

To Catch A Predator: Another favorite of mine, this song has got to be one of the few greatest songs on the albums in general. The song is completely maniacal in the terms of what the song is actually about; which is when J poses as a little girl on the internet to lure pedophiles into his house, in which he hangs them up by one foot in the basement, and just tortures them. The song sounds gruesome and all, but despite it being gross and all, the beat is definitely something different and the lyrics are really well thought out.

Boing Boing: Another song that I could not really get into, but the song does have some humor in it though. The beat is decent I guess, but the lyrics are kinda dumb.

I Found A Body: A take-off from Weekend At Bernie's, this song was as gruesome in a way as To Catch a Predator was. The beat is very simplistic, plus the pace is pretty slow and all but that does not stop this song from being really good in terms of storyline wise. The ending holds a surprise to the listener as J does a Pearl Jam scream to end the song plus, if I'm not mistaken is also the start of the skits for the last song on the CD.

Love: Simply another song I just could not get into as much as the other tracks

Fonz Pond: A good song indeed, this song talks about a bunch a kids who go looking a for a haunted pond/swamp known as Fonz Pond where children jump in the water and are never heard from again. This is a song that I could get into quite a bit, but in a sense that I could not. The beat is pretty creepy and fits the song, most definitely but the lyrics just seem to repeat themselves from the first verse but in just different words and all which is what made me lose some appeal to it but the true focus of the song was to also tell a story to the true story of a pond similar to that in the story called Fon's Pond where kids would try to ride their bikes at one turn known as Dead Man's Curve which would cause them to fall into the dried up lake filled with rusty sharp objects like car parts and all.

Juggalo Island: Ever since the Wraith album, ICP would always do one song dedicated to their fanbase, and this one is up to par with the song Homies, most definitely. At first, I didn't like it cause I heard the sampler but listening to the full thing, it's one of their best Juggalo dedication songs to date I think.

Vultures: Don't like it, dunno how many times I will be repeating this.

Vera Lee: This song has a chilling presence because of the song meaning, it's one of those songs that say simply to live life to the fullest and don't try to hold onto things for too long and what not. The beat is decent, but what drew my attention was the song lyrics. It's a good song and all, but it does make you think which I dunno is a good thing after listening to this song.

Miracles: Almost at the end of the CD now, this is one of their final bangs where they talk about how music is like magic and all that good stuff. The song is really good but some of the lyrics are a bit confusing. The beat is Mike E. Clark at his best. Contains the final skit before the finale.

Bang! Pow! Boom!: Saved the best song for last, this song is Insane Clown Posse at their best. The song is one of the most upbeat songs considering it is talking about people's doom and all, but it is definitely an attention grabber what with the lyrics, and the fast carnival beat and guitars. The song is one of their longest songs since the Bizaar Bizzar albums which I dunno is a good thing or not but the ending does hold a surprise for each version of the album.

Now, that I've got the review out of the way and talked about the album, has anyone gotten the album or want to get it? Just discuss and state your opinion.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: Bang! Pow! Boom! - ICP

I don't like Insane Clown Posse.
    My sisters ex did.
    [center:n6wbk0q1][/center:n6wbk0q1]

Devoted Veteran

Haven't gotten it yet, but next time I go into town I'm definitely picking it up.

Fuck yes.

ICP has some good lyrics but is faker than T Pain lol
    You want some raw lyrics from a someone whos real listen to Mr Hyde, he'd kill ICP on the mic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs5D-kMjojI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaU0oV0VmYI

I bumped some ICP a while back though
    [center:23j4mmrs]Animations
    [/center:23j4mmrs]

Quote Originally Posted by Prescot
    ICP has some good lyrics but is faker than T Pain lol
    You want some raw lyrics from a someone whos real listen to Mr Hyde, he'd kill ICP on the mic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs5D-kMjojI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaU0oV0VmYI

I bumped some ICP a while back though
    I'll give him a listen when I get back up. Still sick and what not.

.va
    Dedicated Member

WHAT THE FUCK.
    This band is terrible for me.
    A load of NONSENSE.
    [center:37qg4wyd][img]http://**********.com/img/1251903906.png[/img]
    the noob flamer[/center:37qg4wyd]

Quote Originally Posted by .va
    WHAT THE FUCK.
    This band is terrible for me.
    A load of NONSENSE.
    And what would you recommend, Mr. I'm so savvy at musical tastes?
    I know it's your opinion and all, but that was drawing the line since I thought this album was actually decent compared to The Tempest and all...

While listening to that album I stumbled upon The Neden Game from one of their older albums. The Great M-something something I think.

I like that album the best

Quote Originally Posted by Prescot
    While listening to that album I stumbled upon The Neden Game from one of their older albums. The Great M-something something I think.

I like that album the best
    The Great Milenko, yeah...that's their most controversial albums considering it was pulled from shelves about an hour or so after release.

I read Behind the Paint, the autobiography so it explains it.

ICP's got a fucking autobiography? Damn lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast