Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Black Sabbath

Fanatic Enthusiast

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath are an English rock band, formed in Birmingham in 1968 by Ozzy Osbourne (lead vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass), and Bill Ward (drums and percussion). The band has since experienced multiple lineup changes, with a total of twenty-two former members. Originally formed as a heavy blues-rock band named Earth, the band began incorporating occult- and horror-inspired lyrics with tuned-down guitars, changing their name to Black Sabbath and achieving multiple gold and platinum records in the 1970s. As one of the first and most influential heavy metal bands of all time, Black Sabbath helped define the genre with releases such as 1970's quadruple-platinum Paranoid. They were ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time, and placed second in VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" list. They have sold over fifteen million records in the United States alone.
    I love this band. I believe Black Sabbath INVENTED the genre, not just helped defined it. I have nothing against Dio, I actually like his solo career, but i think he ruined Black Sabbath.

Some of there better songs (because theres lots of good ones):
    War Pigs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lku2j4tj-ZQ
    Sweet Leaf:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj4xFZQqmHg
    Lord of This World:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_K6d...eature=related
    Symptom of the Universe:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixdoWPGpDfw

(These are some of the best IMO)

Credits to Osprey for the sig and Underground for avatar

Re: Black Sabbath

Fucking awesome band, I like both with Ozzy more than with Dio but meh that's just my personal opinion.

My favourite song of them has to be War Pigs.
    Like a rolling stone

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

I've honestly always found them boring for some reason. Might be because I haven't listened to them a lot. But what I have enjoyed is usually with Dio. Don't like Ozzy Sabbath at all really.

They are a good band, though.

I couldn't disagree more about Dio. Sabbath's last two albums before Heaven and Hell were both pretty bad. If anything, Dio was an improvement at the time, not to mention the song writing was much better tbh.

Well anyway, yeah great. Favorite albums are Sabotage and Heaven and Hell.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

I love the Ozzy Black Sabbath. I haven't really listened to a lot of the Dio stuff, I think I might download some later today.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Uhh.....anyone got any Black Sabbath thier listening to right now? (Trying to keep this thread alive for atleast another few days.)

I'm listening to Jack the Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots.

Not that I'm a faggot that pretends to care about ancient out-of-date artists or anything, but dio sabbath was 100 times better than ozzy sabbath. Ozzy was just a personality. Dio was actually talented. Just listen to Die Young. Amazing song, do you think ozzy could have touched it?
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]