Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

What are you currently learning/practicing?

I know many users here play an instrument, or instruments. So I ask you, what are you currently working on? Feel free to record yourself playing/practicing and post it here, by the way.

I'm working on my solos at the moment, and have been for quite awhile. I play blues/blues rock guitar, so lately I have been messing around in all the pentatonic boxes. I was just looking at the solo for Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin (fucking awesome solo) for a few pointers. I learned a few little riffs that I can fit into just about anything, as long as it's in those boxes.

I may record myself playing and post later.

So yeah, post away fellas!
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

h4x0r

Re: What are you currently learning/practicing?

I play guitar, been looking for a couple of guys to start something up, I already have a couple.

Mainly learning scales on the guitar right now, Penatonic scales, practicing them over and over again may be a bitch, but it pays off.

Working on playing Alto by ear. Its hard remembering how to transpose the notes to an Alto. So far, I've done Still Alive, Calabria, and Final Countdown by ear.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Quote Originally Posted by Tank0122
    I play guitar, been looking for a couple of guys to start something up, I already have a couple.

Mainly learning scales on the guitar right now, Penatonic scales, practicing them over and over again may be a bitch, but it pays off.

Yeah, the pentatonic scales are great, are you practicing all five of them? That seems to help the most. I played those over and over with only my pinky and index fingers and my pinky improved a lot.

http://www.4shared.com/file/142881403/2 ... H_BOY.html

This is a solo I just recorded. It was recorded with the default windows recorder and a low budget mic, mind you, so it's not the best of quality. I was also just playing improve and throwing in random shit. Just playing around pretty much, so it's nothing that great. It's actually pretty bad, sounds sloppy. I will upload something that isn't just improve later, I'm super tired at the moment and heading to bed soon. Please don't be too harsh, and take into consideration the factors I pointed out.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crono

This is a solo I just recorded. It was recorded with the default windows recorder and a low budget mic, mind you, so it's not the best of quality. I was also just playing improve and throwing in random shit. Just playing around pretty much, so it's nothing that great. It's actually pretty bad, sounds sloppy. I will upload something that isn't just improve later, I'm super tired at the moment and heading to bed soon. Please don't be too harsh, and take into consideration the factors I pointed out.
    Was that Whole Lotta Love? I love that solo. That was one of the first real solos I've learned on guitar, and I still play it all the time :P

I've learned the Master Exploder solo by Tenacious D recently. And I'm about halfway through Dazed And Confused. It takes me a long time to learn solos, I don't practice them enough, lol.

Well, right now I'm working on learning a few songs on my drums. I'm trying to learn them by ear though, so its sorta difficult.

Also, I still have that solo you sent me on MSN that one time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad

Was that Whole Lotta Love? I love that solo. That was one of the first real solos I've learned on guitar, and I still play it all the time :P

I've learned the Master Exploder by Tenacious D solo recently. And I'm about halfway through Dazed And Confused. It takes me a long time to learn solos, I don't practice them enough, lol.

Only that first riff was from Whole Lotta Love, but even that was a bit altered to sound different. I usually just make up my own solos, but I have been getting tricks and riffs from solo tabs lately, it really helps. I practice them quite often, probably 2-3 hours a day on a good day. At least an hour everyday, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WowPivutz
    I don't remember that one, was it any good?

It was pretty sweet, want me to post it?

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Only that first riff was from Whole Lotta Love, but even that was a bit altered to sound different. I usually just make up my own solos, but I have been getting tricks and riffs from solo tabs lately, it really helps. I practice them quite often, probably 2-3 hours a day on a good day. At least an hour everyday, for sure.
    Yeah, I could just recognize some parts because I used to always play it on a clean tone, so I instantly knew what it was, even after you put your own touch into it. Nice job.

It was pretty sweet, want me to post it?

PM me it, if you would be so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Yeah, I could just recognize some parts because I used to always play it on a clean tone, so I instantly knew what it was, even after you put your own touch into it. Nice job.
    Thanks man, it was basically some Zeppelin style riffs and Lynyrd Skynyrd riffs thrown together with some of my own touches. I appreciate the comment, Brad. : )

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast