Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: My Bands Song!

Dedicated Member

My Bands Song!

Hey i havent been here in a while, But ive been busy with school and like important exams and such
    but aswell as that, ive been involved with my band, and just recently we recorded our first song, and we have the demo version back,

So Presenting To You, The Demo Version Of Our First Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZWDhsRUMO8

Comments Please?
    Whether you like or not, but yeah dont flame
    and if you like it, be sure to show your friends
    Although keep in mind, its our first song, and its a demo version
    [center:nxtl4qxs]Once You Have Finished Reading This Sentence And Looking At The Pretty Colours, You Will Realise, And Come To Understand, That You Have Just Wasted Valuable Seconds Of Your Life ~ Isaac100000

[center]InGen - Gabes Forum[/center:nxtl4qxs]

Re: My Bands Song!

Considering it's a demo and it's still rough around the edges, not bad. Work on the singing and hit some good high notes. Guitar neat and drums were pretty nice. Also, work alot with mixing and levels. some stuff is louder and more synthesized than others. But overall you guys did a good job. Btw, what genre is this supposed to be? I'm hinting some punk-rock and some alternate metal.

Dedicated Member

thanks for that
    yeah it we were going for that sort of genre,
    were Influence by different things
    eg
    Singer - BFMV, Funeral For A Friend... and more, but you get the just
    Me - Everything... well basically
    Drummer - DnB, Metal, yeah...
    Bassist - A7X, yeah stuff liek that, and some dance stuff
    [center:nxtl4qxs]Once You Have Finished Reading This Sentence And Looking At The Pretty Colours, You Will Realise, And Come To Understand, That You Have Just Wasted Valuable Seconds Of Your Life ~ Isaac100000

Guitar was the best part about it. I liked everything, except for the singing. Not to be offensive, but I'd definitely recommend working out harmonies with him if he's going to keep singing. Otherwise, go with straight screaming, that was pretty well done.

Very good for the most part, the first few seconds reminded me of a Destroyer 666 riff.
    [center:1zstuksu]His tears cannot, as he proclaims his love, be held with lightning back;[/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu][/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu]They fondly dance into an open window, and fondly dance with mine.[/center:1zstuksu]

Dedicated Member

thanks man, yeah im not a big fan of his singing either, but other people are, so i just go along with it

I'd get a new vocalist to do the singing and harmony, and let the dude singing now be the screamer guy, cause his singing sucks. The guitar was the best part in my opinion. I didn't like it too much, mostly because the vocals were really, really whiny.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Yeah, the singing wasn't too great. At all. The guitar was pretty good, though. I kind of like the screaming. Not so much though. And it cracked around 2:02 to 2:05. Just thought I'd point that out. Try to avoid it, etc.
    What part of the band are you in?

Dedicated Member

im the guitarist, im glad you guys like the guitar, well yeah im the guitarist, Obvious

but yeah i like to compose, which is why im glad