Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marble Hornet: A Somethingawful ARG Video Series

I know this was mentioned in the creepy thread, but I think it deserves a bit more recognition and discussion by making this thread as a constant update and all for the video series, totheark's video responses, jafool's site who is a possible gamejacker and other potential sources and all.

For those wondering what this series is about, lemme enlighten you with the plot of the whole series and links to the available entries:

Quote Originally Posted by Plot
    About two or three years ago, a film school friend of mine, Alex, was working on his first "feature length" movie. It was called Marble Hornets and I think it was about a twenty something returning to his childhood home and recalling events that happened there. It was pretty pretentious film student fare, but I helped out for a few days before my summer classes started, and a few rare occasions after that. Everyone on the set seemed pretty excited to be making it, especially Alex. The set itself was about half a mile away from Alex's house, roughly a thirty minute drive away from where I lived at the time. It was a pretty heavily wooded area, I guess to give it a sparsely populated small town feel. Most of the movie took place outside.

After about two months of off and on shooting, Alex dropped his pet project completely. It was really sudden when he let me know about it. When I asked him why, he told me it was because of the "unworkable conditions" of where he had picked to shoot. Which struck me as very odd since he had been living around that area since he was eight, and never seemed to have a problem with it. What's even stranger is that he acted incredibly distant when telling me this news. Soon after, he started avoiding me and from what I hear, everyone else. All he did was sit around his house.

Being a film student as well, I hated to see his work go to waste and decided to talk to him about it a bit more. A few weeks after he had stopped shooting, I finally convinced him to let me come over.

Something about him was worse than I'd originally thought. He had lost a good bit of weight, and looked pretty sickly. I pretended like I didn't notice and we just hung out for awhile. Right before I left, I asked him about Marble Hornets and what he was planning on doing with all of his tapes of raw footage. With almost no hesitation, he simply said "burn them".

This caught me off guard. When I asked why he didn't just archive them for B-roll in future projects, he just said he never wanted to work with the footage again. He was completely serious about this. I couldn't understand why he'd just want to get rid of it completely. Surely it wasn't all that useless. So I asked if I could take a look at them.

He agreed, but only under the circumstance that I never bring them back to him, and never discuss what was on them with him. He also highly discouraged me from showing any if it to anyone else. I laughed at this, and said that he must have accidentally made The Ring or something with the way he was talking. He didn't acknowledge this and brought me up to his attic, where he was storing the pile of tapes.

There were tons of them. He grabbed a couple of plastic shopping bags and piled the tapes in and gave them to me, then shooed me out of the attic. Right as I was walking out the door, he said, in the most serious tone I've ever heard from someone, "I'm not kidding, don't ever bring this up around me again."

Alex's comment was so sudden that I didn't have time to react before he had closed the door on me. He transferred to an out of state school soon after that and I haven't seen him since.

I filed the tapes separately from my others, and was honestly too freaked out to look at them at the time, and eventually forgot about them. I've decided to begin going through the tapes later tonight. If I don't do it now, I probably never will. I'm hoping all I find is an unfinished student film and nothing else. That would sure put me at ease now that I'm thinking about it again.

If there's interest, I'll post anything that I find on here.

~Jay
    The story progresses in individual entry videos that usually describe what Jay has seen which is supposed to make the viewer aware of the situation and what to possibly look out for as you will clearly see once you watch entry 1, but I think you will need a link for that:

http://marblehornets.wikidot.com/the-entries

All entries can be viewed at this site in their entie form but I do caution you that it does have minor spoilers involved so if you don't want to worry about that, simply go to Youtube and look up Marble Hornet and look for a user with a name that is similar to the name of the series, as well as totheark.

I think I've said enough, for people who are going to follow this or interested or if you are new to it or whatever, feel free to drop a comment by and give some insight about the series, such as opinions, or help contribute to the thread and try to decode the several messages and plot twists that this series has to offer.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: Marble Hornet: A Somethingawful ARG Video Series

Yeah I've been following this. It hasn't been as good since the one with the blood at the end. Less mystery. But good series nonetheless, pretty freaky at times.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    Yeah I've been following this. It hasn't been as good since the one with the blood at the end. Less mystery. But good series nonetheless, pretty freaky at times.
    Totheark's videos where you can see J and Entry 18-19 have got to be the freakiest ones in my opinion, honestly, I showed my friend this, it's spreading like AIDS and half the people that I have shown have enjoyed this and cannot wait for the next entry.

Fresh Newbie

I crapped myself when the guy got up and charged the camera in entry 19. Yeep.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Just watched 0 and 1...
    Going to two i guess?
    Sounds..interesting. :U

E: onto five now, only seen the guy thing twice... i think.
    Is he in every entry? D:

[center:3hg7t8om]|| Short Stories || Thread ||

[tn=200:3hg7t8om]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22y6idXGM1r22qc9o3_250.gif[/tn:3hg7t8om][/center:3hg7t8om]

Quote Originally Posted by Rena
    Just watched 0 and 1...
    Going to two i guess?
    Sounds..interesting. :U

E: onto five now, only seen the guy thing twice... i think.
    Is he in every entry? D:
    Not every, he appears about 60% of the videos.
    His latest appearance was in Totheark's video Return, but best advised not watching it until you've seen all the entries to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrousMaterials
    I crapped myself when the guy got up and charged the camera in entry 19. Yeep.
    That was 16, and yeah, it was kind of creepy considering you can't see his eyes or anything, it's just a mask and all.

Rex

I was hoping there would be a thread made about this, I've also been following the entries on youtube, as well as tothark's responses. The most recent of which scared the shit outta me.

I haven't taken the time to try to decipher the "hidden messages" and Morse code found in his videos, seeing how i have better ways to spend my time but the speculative comments posted on youtube about them have me a bit curious to solve this "mystery" myself.

Its really a great series, be it real or not.
    [center:6dvbr9xw][img]http://**********.com/img/1258499581.png[/img][/center:6dvbr9xw]
    [center:6dvbr9xw][/center:6dvbr9xw]

Devoted Veteran

This is the Slender Man thing, right? Anyway, I fucking loved it. It created an amazing sense of suspense and even though I know it's fake, it felt real at times. Although the one where [spoiler:1ga79u4w]the guy in the obviously fake mask ran at him in the house, and the one where the thing sat in his room while he was asleep fucking ruined it. Don't get me wrong, I shit myself when he popped up, but I'm not watching a slasher movie, it killed the suspense completely for me and that's where I stopped watching, not sure if there are any more episodes.[/spoiler:1ga79u4w]

Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    SPOILER.[/spoiler]
    Answering your questions, J is supposed to be uploading a new one soon, or response; he posted it on his twitter that he found something but he was too tired to upload it.

Rex

Said he found a tower, is it me or does the feild in that picture look like the outline of that guy?

eh i think I'm too deep into this series, over thinking shit...
    [center:6dvbr9xw][img]http://**********.com/img/1258499581.png[/img][/center:6dvbr9xw]
    [center:6dvbr9xw][/center:6dvbr9xw]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast