Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Re: Rocnation Aviators by Skullcandy

You know, Skullcandy's get a lot of hate, but if you actually look at their low end earbuds, they get pretty good reviews on audiophile sites compared to similar priced ones from brands like Sennheiser.

Now at $150, more serious audio brands start improving and you start paying for the name less and less, so I doubt these will be worth it.

Also, I have K702's Sticky, which are virtually (beyond virtually, aside from the cord) the same as K701's.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Quote Originally Posted by Alcohol
    You know, Skullcandy's get a lot of hate, but if you actually look at their low end earbuds, they get pretty good reviews on audiophile sites compared to similar priced ones from brands like Sennheiser.

Now at $150, more serious audio brands start improving and you start paying for the name less and less, so I doubt these will be worth it.

Also, I have K702's Sticky, which are virtually (beyond virtually, aside from the cord) the same as K701's.
    That's for the heads up.

The thing about earbuds/IEM's is the they're kinda hit n miss. Skullcandy's are great for the money in the IEM section but if anything you may as well invest in some JVC Marshmallows which have better noise cancelling and in my opinion, a bit better sound for less money.

Bose is superior to anything else anyway.

I'll admit that they do look kind of cool though.
    [center:2f4q4dpo]

Steam: ExtremeasaurousRex
    ?Flickr?[/center:2f4q4dpo]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pivotmaster5001
    Bose is superior to anything else anyway.

I'll admit that they do look kind of cool though.
    HUEHUEUAUEUHUHUEUEAUEEUH

No amount of foreign laughter can even begin to describe my feelings towards your post
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

They do look pretty cool, but I much prefer Nixon's headphones, and the sound that they produce too.
    And Bose make some SHITE products, but their QuietComfort 15 headphones are one of THE best pairs of headphones I have EVER tried, bar none, they are INSANE.

Enthusiast

The aviators were shipped today, and I have one day shipping, so I'm expecting a pair tomorrow. Can't wait :P
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

Tell us how they turn out, I'm kinda interested to see if their highs are still fucking terrible and have too much bass. If you have an amp try that with it too.

Sennheiser are the best I've used so far. I have a pair of headphones and a set of earplugs from them. The headphones are amazing quality. I plug them into the guitar amp and it's crystal clear. The earplugs have 'wind-bass tech' or at least that's what it says all over them, and they look pretty nifty. And they actually do have some brilliant bass to them.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by STICKY FRESH BALLS
    Tell us how they turn out, I'm kinda interested to see if their highs are still fucking terrible and have too much bass. If you have an amp try that with it too.
    well , for the third time, skullcandy has pushed back the release date, so I won't be getting them until the eighteenth.
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

[quote=The Monkey]
    Quote Originally Posted by "STICKY FRESH BALLS":3mjwjlia
    well , for the third time, skullcandy has pushed back the release date, so I won't be getting them until the eighteenth.[/quote:3mjwjlia]

Wow, nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast