Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Rocnation Aviators by Skullcandy ARRIVED FINALLY

these headphones look really cool. A collaboration between Skullcandy and Jay-Z's company "Rocnation", these are supposed to rival the quality and pricing of Beats headphones by Dr. Dre. The price is $150, and while that's a lot to throw down for headphones, it pretty much demolishes the pricing of the Beats, which is $300. I already preordered a pair of the brown and gold ones, what do you guys think of them?
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

Re: Rocnation Aviators by Skullcandy

I bet they still sound like ass. Knowing skullcandy, you're just paying for the name and design. I guess if all you care about is looks and decent quality they're nice but nothing really impressive. Still cool looking though. Grado looks cool imo though.

http://gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm Anything fromthe prestige series or reference series is better for around the same price. Anything higher is for audiophiles who need to go outside. Also, if you want good quality with high end stuff you may as well throw in a FiiO3 amp because an iPod will barely have enough out put. Even a sansa clip would barely do it.

Honestly, to me it's just an overpriced fashion statement. I'm fine with buying decent-looking headphones, but there's a limit... Earphones are used to listen to audio, so that should be a priority, something you'd be willing to compromise looks for, at least partially.

So yes, I would spend a little more for headphones that look a little better, especially as you tend to wear earphones a lot more rather than just on-occasion, but these are ridiculous. I don't think they look great either. But I digress!
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    Honestly, to me it's just an overpriced fashion statement. I'm fine with buying decent-looking headphones, but there's a limit... Earphones are used to listen to audio, so that should be a priority, something you'd be willing to compromise looks for, at least partially.

So yes, I would spend a little more for headphones that look a little better, especially as you tend to wear earphones a lot more rather than just on-occasion, but these are ridiculous. I don't think they look great either. But I digress!
    Another reason to buy grado/AMG/sennheiser. They may not look as flamboyant but they are sure as hell of a lot better for less money. OR if you pay more you get 100000000000000x the quality.

For that price just throw in some extra cash and get a surround stereo system, if you're willing to pay +150$ for earphones you probably don't go out a lot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    For that price just throw in some extra cash and get a surround stereo system, if you're willing to pay +150$ for earphones you probably don't go out a lot anyway.

Yea the only reason to really spend that much is for home-listening. I use them for recording reasons. Some Grado prestige are about 99 bucks and 10x higher quality than skullcrushers. IF you're going out you may as well get some decent earbuds.

Skullcandy headphones look nice, and they probably fit pretty well, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the iGrado set. I hate massive headsets as they throw off my hair into a whimsical storm, and most in-ear headphones are large enough to make them uncomfortable.

I might just be getting an iGrado, thanks Sticky.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Darky
    Skullcandy headphones look nice, and they probably fit pretty well, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the iGrado set. I hate massive headsets as they throw off my hair into a whimsical storm, and most in-ear headphones are large enough to make them uncomfortable.

I might just be getting an iGrado, thanks Sticky.
    No problem :3. I already have a pair of Prestige SR225i's and it would be awesome to get a pair of Reference RS1i's. Either that or what you commonly see in wallpapers, AKG K701's. http://www.akg.com/personal/K_701,pcati ... and,1.html

Devoted Veteran

Woah, they look fucking awesome. Might save up for some.

Enthusiast

I've read a lot of reviews from CES 2010, and I do admit skullcandy quality usually sucks pretty bad, but the aviators are in many opinions skullcandy's long-awaited attempt at quality. And they aren't too big either. A big reason why I got them.
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast