Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Spizzichino Cymbals

Many drummers overlook the cymbal's importance in the build of the drum set. Though the drums are the instruments generally most played on the set, the cymbals provide an accent and a versatility that a simple drum could never perform, ignoring the possibility, or rather, impossibility of an infinite number of drums. The best cymbals in many drummers' opinions are from large commercial companies like Zildjian, Paiste, and Sabian, and while these cymbals can be very nice, K Zildjians in particular, the division of factory-made cymbals such as these could not hope to mirror the independent attention and master skill that is put into a hand-made cymbal. The large community of hand cymbal makers is widely overlooked by a large number of remedial as well as professional drummers.

Companies like Bosphorous and Istanbul have a wide array of hand-made cymbals that can match the quality of a K Constantinople Zildjian cymbal, the highest quality cymbal Zildjian offers. Even these companies, though they do put more time and attention into their cymbals than larger companies, still have the dilemma of production. They have many cymbals to make, and they have to make them fast.

Greatly contrasting to the demands of large commercial companies and even smaller handmade cymbal companies, a man named Roberto Spizzichino hand-makes, in many people's opinions, the world's nicest cymbals. He makes them from blanks, which are cymbals that haven't been hammered or refined in any way besides there shape, which at the blank point can be easily changed. He hand-hammers and shapes them all independently in Italy. His cymbals can be found on ebay and at rare cymbal sites. I have never had one of these, as they are nearly or over a thousand bones each, but i have heard them, and they are some of the nicest sounding cymbals I have ever heard.
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

Re: Spizzichino Cymbals

Cymbals sound nice and I like them.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Skype
    Cymbals sound nice and I like them.
    a good summary lol

That's great. Thing is no one cares how they sound compared to my toms so I'll stick with my Zildjians, thanks.

Enthusiast

actually, Spizzichino used to work at a K. Zildjian factory in Istanbul until it was closed, and he models his cymbals after the K. Constantinople series. What Zildjian's do you use?

Just some Zildjian ZHT's. They get the job done. I have a few paiste's around and I might replace some with some Zildjian blacks.

Enthusiast

Damn, if only i had money lol. All my cymbals are shit except my ride and my hats, which are a 20 inch zildjian a custom and some 14 zht mastersounds. The rest are sabian b8's. Ugh... Anyways, if you just have extra cymbals lying around, I'd be willing to buy them off you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monkey
    Damn, if only i had money lol. All my cymbals are shit except my ride and my hats, which are a 20 inch zildjian a custom and some 14 zht mastersounds. The rest are sabian b8's. Ugh... Anyways, if you just have extra cymbals lying around, I'd be willing to buy them off you.
    If I have any extras they're either broken or bent.

Enthusiast

still, i might be able to salvage them. Pm me if you have any you're willing to give up.

Nah, I probably wouldn't. I'm not too into selling my stuff :P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast