Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: A Song I Wrote.

A Song I Wrote.

http://www.truploader.com/view/593805

A song I wrote for my own enjoyment on Logic at school, sounds kinda computerised but I hope to record it with real instruments one day

Re: A Song I Wrote.

Sounds like something neutral milk hotel just shat out after a drunken party. Try and make it a bit less repetitive.

I don't know much about music, but I know what I like.
    I actually really enjoyed listening to this. It did have repetetiveness to it, but that's hardly an issue. I do admit that when I heard the xylaphone I thought that it was a little much, but I got reeled back ina s the song progressed. The slow craciendo leading to the electric guitar was where it really got good in my opinion. Listening to this put me into a completely different mood from before, and that's ultimately the point of music isn't it (debateable)?
    Over all, well done. I could see this being a great song to play during a photo slide-show.
    Just me.
    [center:6mywp39b]My Thread n' Shit[/center:6mywp39b]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Dunno

The main thing I didn't like was how you built it up. It felt like all you were doing every few bars was throwing in a new instrument playing a similar melody in the same time or half time. There's nothing wrong with that, but it gets boring after the first few times you do it.

I don't have much to say. It sounds nice, but that's probably because it's pretty basic arpeggios with slow paced melodies gradually lain over them every few bars. It obviously doesn't sound bad, but it hardly grasps my attention.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Sounds like something that would be found in a Sims game. I love it.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Yeah I can see what you're all saying, I agree that it's more repetitive than I would have hoped and thinking about it now there's a lot of improvements to be made, but at the same time I'm not too sure that it would sound right to break away from the sound of it, I felt like when I was making it the point was to reach a climax, then suddenly end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcohol
    Dunno

The main thing I didn't like was how you built it up. It felt like all you were doing every few bars was throwing in a new instrument playing a similar melody in the same time or half time. There's nothing wrong with that, but it gets boring after the first few times you do it.

I don't have much to say. It sounds nice, but that's probably because it's pretty basic arpeggios with slow paced melodies gradually lain over them every few bars. It obviously doesn't sound bad, but it hardly grasps my attention.
    I agree with this.
    It wasn't BAD, but there wasn't too much there to make it really.. idk extraordinary?
    I enjoyed listening to it though. Once again, I know nothing of making music :P
    [center:6mywp39b]My Thread n' Shit[/center:6mywp39b]

Locked Out Of Droidzville, Walking Into Darkdemonville

ok, truly epic. I wouldn't call it a song without any lyrics, it's music. I give it a 9/10 (even though you werent asking for a rating) And you made ma a little more happy XD
    Rofl

I here-by dismiss your reality and subsitute my own. My GT:

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

I thought it was nice, I didn't have a problem with the way it built up. The simple arpeggios at the beginning were kind of boring after a while, I have to admit. It's a really nice instrumental, sounds like it came out of Ghosts by Nine Inch Nails, keep up the good work!