Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

Psyclon's Music Thread (Trance/Hardstyle/Dark Electro Up)

NEWEST:
    March 29 2011:
    Alright, this is the song I consider my baby. I breastfed her and cared for her. CC would be EXTREMELY appreciated, this song was in developement for a very very long time
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_0QY_-FIc[/youtube:18rfodek]
    February 24 2011:
    [spoiler:18rfodek]Fucking around with a new VSTi, Cygnus if you want to go check it out. It's perfect for ambient music. I'm not really sure how to label this track, it's ambient DnB I guess. And I was bad enough at making breakbeats without Youtube completely raping the sound quality xD. Constructive criticism?
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9ZTpQhF1g[/youtube:18rfodek]
    January 23 2011:
    [spoiler]A short cover, mainly to test vocal effects. I would appreciate constructive criticism, and advice on industrial vocal effects. Too much flanger? Needs more distortion? Delay?
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZex5Gswgo[/youtube:18rfodek][/spoiler:18rfodek]
    December 8 2010:
    [spoiler:18rfodek]So I've made yet another genre jump :P This time into Industrial/Harsh EBM territory. I'll be updating with an industrial song in about a month (maybe), but for now I've put up a short piano ballad I made out of boredom. CC?[spoiler]
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dQj0hAuVM[/youtube:18rfodek][/spoiler:18rfodek]
    October 3 2010:
    [spoiler:18rfodek]I made a bunch riffs the other day, after dropping out of the core scene. Sick and tired of all the emo and scene faggots with their "hardcore" bands that are so badass and awesome. So now I'm doing Tool and Staind type music with huge electronic influences like in Soundtrack to Your Escape by In Flames, Nine Inch Nails, and Sonic Syndicate. Not nu metal, more like Alternative Metal with Industrial and Progressive in it.
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNPlMLNx6DQ[/youtube:18rfodek][/spoiler:18rfodek]
    July 18 2010:
    [spoiler:18rfodek]Short clip of a song I'm working on. It's not very detailed because it's the only version I have available right now. CC please...
    [youtube:18rfodek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPvhPAQULi8[/youtube:18rfodek][/spoiler:18rfodek]

Re: 50 second song preview

Damn, son.
    That's pretty bad-ass. I'm no music expert, but that sounds really cool. It would be nice to have a bit more detail in there though.
    There didn't seem to be much to t :/
    [center:6mywp39b]My Thread n' Shit[/center:6mywp39b]

Those high pitched notes that start at around 0:13. I think those would be better if they were more solid and not as as breathy sounding, if you know what I mean. Also, it seems as though they get a bit louder once the song picks up into the drums/solo. I think it would be better if they stayed at the same level, and stayed in the background of the song instead of the foreground. When they're in the foreground, my focus was sort of switching in between the solo and the high pitched notes.

Other than that nit picking, very good stuff so far. Let us hear it once it's done. What'd you make it in?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ērepgrigo
    Those high pitched notes that start at around 0:13. I think those would be better if they were more solid and not as as breathy sounding, if you know what I mean. Also, it seems as though they get a bit louder once the song picks up into the drums/solo. I think it would be better if they stayed at the same level, and stayed in the background of the song instead of the foreground. When they're in the foreground, my focus was sort of switching in between the solo and the high pitched notes.

Other than that nit picking, very good stuff so far. Let us hear it once it's done. What'd you make it in?
    Thanks a lot, I didn't expect to get positive reviews from it . I know what you mean by the high pitched noises, and the volume, and the focus lol. Like I said, it was the only version I had available on my USB drive, because I'm at my grandparent's house for a week. I fixed most of that stuff. It's about 2 minutes and a half so far. I made it on Mixcraft 5 by Acoustica. If you're interested in music making at all, you should check out the 14 day trial. It's one of the best I've ever seen, that's affordable.

To Myzaru, I added a LOT more detail to it since I made this, don't you worry xD. The intro drums have been edited to sound more electronic too.

Not that big of a fan of melodic rock but if that is what you like go for it, it sounds nice.
    One more thing, are you playing there, or is it computer made?
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

I'd buy it. It could use some improvement on the tone but it was good solid work nonetheless.
    [center:22op32gp]Music Thread[/center:22op32gp]
    [center:22op32gp][/center:22op32gp][center:22op32gp] [/center:22op32gp]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Erup
    Not that big of a fan of melodic rock but if that is what you like go for it, it sounds nice.
    One more thing, are you playing there, or is it computer made?
    It's all computer made, didn't have time to record my guitar.

Sounds like something stratovarius would do. Still pretty awesome, though.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by STICKY FRESH BALLS
    Sounds like something stratovarius would do. Still pretty awesome, though.
    I've only heard one of their songs before on the Metalcast. Thanks, I'll let you guys know when I finish it.

Enthusiast

Re: Kodama's Music Thread

Buuuuuump.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast