Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Guitar?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fender is better

3 33.33%
  • Gibson is better

1 11.11%
  • They're both awesome

2 22.22%
  • They're both shit

1 11.11%
  • I prefer another type of guitars

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fender or gibson?

I want to buy a new guitar. I already have a stratocaster sunburst, and I'm really satisfied but I want another one so I can play on my father's house and on my mother's house. I saved some money and I was thinking which one would be better:
    Gibson Les Paul custom or Fender Jaguar?

Please help me out.
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

Re: Fender or gibson?

Neither, I personally love Ibanez. They look beautiful, and they know what they're doing when it comes to the making of it. I have a B.C. Warbeast right now. It looks great, 24 frets, plays nice, but it chips easy. I don't know much about Gibsons or Fenders, I like unique guitars.

I don't like ibanez, specially because of the models, they look kinda too "herman li"/Melodic metal to me.
    I personally love stratocaster because of it's raw and simple sound/model, It's great to jam and play solos. I have it for like 7 years, love it. I'd like to try gibson els paul out though, it's just such a beautiful guitar and sounds awesome.
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Moved to media

Get a jaguar, I've always wanted one but could never afford it. Live my dream, Erup.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Forsaken
    I like unique guitars.
    But I thought you like Ibanez guitars?

I'd personally go Gibson due to the fact I enjoy their styles better. If anything though I'f go with an Amfisound from Finalnd or a Draco from BC Rich. As a matter of fact Korpiklaani is selling their guitars which are Amfisounds. 2700 euros.

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Moved to media

Get a jaguar, I've always wanted one but could never afford it. Live my dream, Erup.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Forsaken
    I like unique guitars.
    But I thought you like Ibanez guitars?
    I don't have one. If he wanted a reliable guitar, then I suggested Ibanez. I've played them, and was very impressed. And there are some good ones for cheap prices. I said I like unique because I own the Warbeast.

Gibson have dropped in quality recently, I think. You know, you might want to try out a Tokai. Truly an amazing guitar. Very cheap for the quality they are. I've played some rip offs that sound much clearer and better than the originals.

But if you're set on a Gibson or a Fender than I'd say look for an old second hand Gibson. From the 80's if you can. I've played some of those and they blew my mind. Magnificent guitars.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Don't get a les paul. Aside from Gibson being known to suck as of late, Jaguars are cool as fuck and way cooler than a run of the mill les paul

That being said, it should come down to what kind of music you plan on playing. That's just my opinion without that information
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Pat

MIM fenders are good enough for pretty much everything. Unless you are desperate to get a 100% american made one (for the e-phallus), i'd probably start there

I personally don't care for Les Pauls. I like the shape, but they weigh way too much, and apparently they're prone to breaking at the neck joint and headstock easily.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast