Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock

Veteran Enthusiast

Sherlock

New drama on the BBC, three episodes have been commissioned, and it's being written by Steven "Doctor Who" Moffat and Mark "Also Doctor Who" Gatiss, the first episode was last Sunday. I thought it was very good, the premise of the show being what if Sherlock Holmes existed in modern times, despite this, it's one of the most accurate portrayals I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka5cLa49 ... re=related

Re: Sherlock

Looks really good and atmospheric, and very Doctor Who-like, even if Doctor Who is fairly Sherlock-like in the first place. Moffat is a brilliant and clever writer, so that's partly why I'm looking forward to this.

Hopefully I'll like it so I can have something to look forward to every Sunday now that Series 5 is finished.

I'll watch the first episode tonight.

Oh, and by the way, am I the only one who thinks this guy would make a great Doctor? I don't know if doing this series has shot his chances, but I can instantly see him portraying the Doctor. Or 'his' Doctor, whatever.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

First episode was brilliant, it's REALLY good.

Definitely going to take a look at this. Looks awesome.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Was amazing, the cinematography, style, dialogue, everything. It was very clever, and it seems like they added a small aspect of extraordinary/psychic ability to Sherlock, rather than him just being a very good detective.

Anticipating the next episodes so much.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]

Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    Was amazing, the cinemagraphy, style, dialogue, everything. It was very clever, and it seems like they added a small aspect of extraordinary/psychic ability to Sherlock, rather than him just being a very good detective.

Anticipating the next episodes so much.
    It's not psychic, it's a real "disability", over analysation pretty much. I think it's a form of OCD.

Oh right yes, I guess it's best to put it that way. But it appears pretty supernatural compared to the average human capability.

A symptom of a lot of types of autism is being aware of a lot of things around you, every single sound, noise etc. Usually it causes massive distress to autistic people and that's why they scream and cover their ears, I'm wondering if it could be somewhat controlled?

Nah I don't think so, his social skills are too good.

I'm not sure, whatever it is I don't think he has control over it though, as evident by the part where he's overcome by his thoughts, in his apartment.

Just finished watching the first episode, had some quite funny parts in it. And it was very well written. I can't wait for the next episode.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

I really liked the first episode. Not as much humour as Doctor.Who but in my opinion, it is better written.

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast