Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Tim

General Media Discussion

A more general and less formal way to talk about your media interests..

Talk about things like what instruments you play and what your favourite movie is, post clips of music you've composed and talk about anything else related to media here.

I'm chronically obsessed with Paramore's cover of Long Distance Call by Phoenix at the moment- I can't stop listening to it.

Re: General Media Discussion

Good idea for a thread, I'm currently going through a Psychostick phase. Music is good and lyrics are pretty funny.

[youtube:2narkeqe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5_HhqcbF_0[/youtube:2narkeqe]
    v The Thread v

Been listening to Bliss n Eso's new album, Running on Air, all day. Haven't listened to anything else.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Can't wait to listen to Running air, might have a little browse later tonight if I have some time.
    I didn't actually know until a few days ago but apparently the Gorillaz are coming to Australia in December, which is a bit surprising. What's more surprising is that mum my offered to pay for my ticket and shit if I wanted to go.
    [center:2ko3y71e][/center:2ko3y71e]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Just got the album Grey Britain by Gallows, pretty cool albums. Some good songs on there.

Just got "The powerless rise" By As I Lay dying. Shits amazing.
    [center:22op32gp]Music Thread[/center:22op32gp]
    [center:22op32gp][/center:22op32gp][center:22op32gp] [/center:22op32gp]

I've been waiting to listen to Taking Back Sunday's album; Notes From the Past. It's supposed to be a compilation of their best songs, and since I'm a new listener, I bought it to sample their music. I just need to get iTunes working again (it crashed when I installed Windows 7) so that I can put it on and hear it.

That Paramore cover you posted is awesome, I've been listening to it too.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    That Paramore cover you posted is awesome, I've been listening to it too.
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet.

My mate recently recorded one of his own songs- I really, really like it. Check it out:

Butterflies and Ocean Eyes

I just picked up Pain of Salvations new-ish album, came out in May. The ballad and jazz incorporation is pretty good, and the lead singer's got a great vocal range.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I just watched The Road.

While I would much rather speak about the emotional connections of the film, I really couldn't emotionally connect with any of the characters. I can't really tie any of the experiences of the film to me and my Father, I imagined myself with him in the same situation and it was pretty interesting.

I think the emotional depth of the film was kind of outplayed by the sheer bleakness. I love films that are depressing and interesting, but this film just took it to a new level.

I do think this film was well-done despite the criticism. The acting was phenomenal and the overall design of the movie were extraordinary. This is not an uplifting film, however. I would recommend it to someone for serious viewing only.
    [center:1zstuksu]His tears cannot, as he proclaims his love, be held with lightning back;[/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu][/center:1zstuksu]

[center:1zstuksu]They fondly dance into an open window, and fondly dance with mine.[/center:1zstuksu]

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast