Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite game show? (any time period)

What's your favorite game show? Doesn't have to be a current one, there were a lot of good ones back in the 70s and such.

I'd go with Blockbusters. People had to answer questions to cross a board (it was a hexagonal grid, like 4 by 5) - the object was to connect their two sides. They could do this by buzzing in first and answering a question on that tile - each tile had a letter and the question would ask them something like this:
    "(letter b on the board) - what was the first name of the president involved in the monica lewinski scandal? (answer - bill)"

Once they had won best 2 out of 3 games they had to cross the big board, where larger acronyms were given
    (for instance, "(MS) who was the author of the book Frankenstein? (answer - Mary Shelley)"
    This big board took a minimum of 5 right answers in one minute to cross, and if you messed up you had to find your way around your mistake, which would act as a block. Great game show, it's rerunning now on GSN weekdays at 10:30 am. eastern time.

Enthusiast
    Match game or lets make a deal. Those games were great and funny.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Dude match game is awesome. I dunno what the people on there smoke before they come on stage, but I sure want some, because it must be good. (as in, they're all crazy but that's funny)

Come to think of it, I like pretty much anything on GSN right now. Except Love Connection. That show is gay.
    Greed, Millionaire, Dog eat Dog, and Lingo are the best ones (with Blockbusters also)

Enthusiast
    I guess I'll have to go with "Deal or No Deal" as a current. Yah, I don't watch much game shows, I'm addicted to sitcoms.
    Insert Blank

Inbetween your face and the computer screen
    deal or no deal is rather addicting i hate to say *ashamed*

Please download my podcast from http://www.adamandjoe.tk or http://www.adamandjoe.wordpress.com thanks

SX
    Fanatic Enthusiast

hmmmm I would have to say the weakest link, Im am joking.

I would have to say catchphrase : )

-SX

Takeshi's Castle (Cheers Craig). Japanese people doing crazy random stuff is alot better than people sitting at desks answering questions for "points".

Craig saysont you mean Takeshi's :P
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

who wants to be a millionaire is cool. But I like cash cab too. Im surprised that they haven't crashed yet. Being a game show host and driving a cab is great multitasking! (-cool_)

Dedicated Member
    ahh probably family fued cause its halarious how gay the people on the show act

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast