Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doctor Who Series 6

Just saw the first episode, holy hell was an amazing start to the series. [spoiler:3m5jh8ye]Those slightly ood-like aliens are creepy as fuck. It's still all very confusing right now, though.[/spoiler:3m5jh8ye]
    Everyone in my house wouldn't shut the fuck up throughout however, it pisses me off to no end. I will likely watch it again tonight.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Re: Doctor Who Series 6

I've only ever seen commercials for it but it looks like a really lame and low-budget British Sci-fi show.
    [center:2f4q4dpo]

Steam: ExtremeasaurousRex
    ?Flickr?[/center:2f4q4dpo]

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    I've only ever seen commercials for it but it looks like a really lame and low-budget British Sci-fi show.
    Lame? not at all, in my opinion at least. Low budget? possibly, but the CGI can be fantastic, and the props are never anything but convincing.

The thing about Doctor Who is that it's very inconsistant. You can have phenomenal episodes with mindblowing writing, or fairly lame episodes that are well, a bit lame. Why? because some episodes are written and directed by different people. Possibly the only reproach I have about the show, but to be honest they're all amazing with the exception of only a couple.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]

it is low budget and the cgi is god awful BUT it has some good writing and the last two lead actors have been really good imo

better than most american 'ok we have this idea now make 1000 episodes with loads of cliffhangers where the story doesn't actually ever progress and after 1 season you realise the show is going nowhere' tv shows anyway
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Yeah i saw this today. i don't think the effects are that bad. [spoiler:3q8yf1ma]I was like WTF at the start with the doctor being shot lol[/spoiler:3q8yf1ma]

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

For crying out loud, use spoilers.

EDIT: Thanks. Just think about how it is when someone spoils a part of a storyline for you. It's horrible right D:?

I use to love Doctor Who when Tennant was in it, as well as Smith's first series, but the Christmas episode was ATROCIOUS, so it's pretty much destroyed my hope in the series.

[spoiler:2tl42pdz]Those aliens were so fucking creepy, especially when the one in the bathroom was like devouring that chicks soul.[/spoiler:2tl42pdz]
    Great start to the series.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Veteran Enthusiast

New series? Cool, I'll have a look at it sometime.

It's really cool how Doctor who started way back in 1963. It's changed and progressed so much, not a fan of the newer series tbh. For some reason I liked the very old series.
    Though I did like some of the newer actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik
    I use to love Doctor Who when Tennant was in it, as well as Smith's first series, but the Christmas episode was ATROCIOUS, so it's pretty much destroyed my hope in the series.
    How was the Christmas episode bad? I thought it was wonderful.

[spoiler:1xittjhe]Still trying to figure out how they're going to bring this around. The future doctor was killed, and it's been stated that messing with that would rip a hole in time and space. Then again, that's happened before. And they always manage to tie everything together.[/spoiler:1xittjhe]
    God I love this show

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    Samuel, I lost some respect for you just now. *poof* It's gone.
    [center:19x36b4n]v Click For Music Thread v[/center:19x36b4n]
    [center:19x36b4n][/center:19x36b4n]
    [center:19x36b4n]"And by the way it's not about making money, it's about taking money.
    Destroying the status quo because the status is not quo.
    The world is a mess and I just need to... rule it."
    [/center:19x36b4n]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast