Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Pendulum - Ransom

new song released for the Tsunami Appeal, fucking awesome imo.
    [youtube:1dk3xxjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxKb8_Ern6w&feature=watch_response[/youtube:1dk3xxjc]

Re: Pendulum - Ransom

I don't usually listen to this sorta stuff that often. But this was freaking epic!

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Fucking dubstep influence.

Yea that was cool, but you can tell there was some dubstep.
    [center:2rpd5r61][/center:2rpd5r61]

The song gets really boring.It sort of reminds me of 'Salt in the Wounds' in the way that it's all scrambled up and annoying...
    [center:2swpww2u]|New Thread|Old Thread|Youtube|[/center:2swpww2u]
    [center:2swpww2u]~ Don't bother clicking the thread links for now. My animations are stored in my old computer that is put away for a bit. ~[/center:2swpww2u]

Enthusiast

Gets kind of boring after the intro .

credits to insertstupidusernamehere for the signature

PM me if you want courtesy.

0:57-2:46 and 3:20-5:10 was in Excision's 2009 Shambhala Dubstep mix, it's not ENTIRELY new but there are some added pieces from the original version from 2009.

Anyways REALLY nice. This is one of my favorite parts from the mix and the intro is excellent.
    Nice to hear the new full version I guess?

Also guys, I suggest looking at dubstep from a different perspective. The producers don't make the music for people sitting at home, browsing youtube. They make it for the dancers, the ravers, the party animals. It's played in a large crowd and generally mixed with plenty of other songs. So if it seems boring/repetitive it usually means it's meant to be mixed in with other incredible tracks. Imagine if the song was only a minute or so long, just enough to hear the drop and the main piece. The dj would have nothing to work with.

Pendulum is a massive artist, and they know EXACTLY what they're doing. To assume the song is boring/repetitive simply because it doesn't appeal to you would be a mistake in judgement. Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion, I'm just suggesting you look at dubstep from a different perspective - it's generally made for a different audience and usually meant to be mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    Also guys, I suggest looking at dubstep from a different perspective. The producers don't make the music for people sitting at home, browsing youtube. They make it for the dancers, the ravers, the party animals. It's played in a large crowd and generally mixed with plenty of other songs. So if it seems boring/repetitive it usually means it's meant to be mixed in with other incredible tracks. Imagine if the song was only a minute or so long, just enough to hear the drop and the main piece. The dj would have nothing to work with.

Pendulum is a massive artist, and they know EXACTLY what they're doing. To assume the song is boring/repetitive simply because it doesn't appeal to you would be a mistake in judgement. Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion, I'm just suggesting you look at dubstep from a different perspective - it's generally made for a different audience and usually meant to be mixed.
    What a shitty way to try and defend a genuinely bad song. Not all dubstep is created or mastered specifically for club use. Whether you want to listen to it at home or at a club is entirely based on opinion. It also seems you're inexperienced with how music is played in a set. Boring or monotonous tracks aren't made so that "it's meant to be mixed in with other incredible tracks". DJs may mashup tracks where they play simultaneously. Tracks that are repetitive are just made that way, because the producer likes it like that.

And Pendulum discovered a great formula for their music way back and haven't deviated from it since. They're boring producers period. All of their drum and bass songs use similar kinds of everything. Tracks are distinctively pendulum because they all sound similar.

Also, dubstep is derived from garage and drum and bass. Wobbly basslines are not exclusive to dubstep so stop saying "durr this track is influenced by dubstep!".