Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Forgive me if there was already an RHCP thread, didn't spend the time to check.
    Anyways, I love these guys. Anthony's voice makes the band so unique, plus the balance of everything; Flea is by far the best bassist that I know, and as a bassist, he is really inspiring. They are super emotional too, but can also be fun. There's a RHCP song for everything. My favorite song right now is probably Purple Stain.
    Also, supposedly there will be a new album in August.
    Discuss.

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Flea is the guy that inspired me to trade my guitar for a bass on craigslist. Unfortunately, that phase only lasted a couple of months. Haven't touched my bass in well over 6 months.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Looking forward to the new record, been learning a bunch of RHCP songs lately, Snow's such a catchy song to play.

Not really music I listen to on a regular basis, but it's definitely great for small parties and gatherings.
    Just plain good music, always a good choice.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

not sure what i expect from the new album, john frusciante was huge on the band's sound. check out his solo career if you haven't.

They are coming to Holland, my sister is so eager to go... Ticked it like 55 euro and it's her birthday Thursday, so who knows.

Veteran Enthusiast

scar tissue <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Longrods
    not sure what i expect from the new album, john frusciante was huge on the band's sound. check out his solo career if you haven't.
    ^Yeah... I love them and I love almost all of their songs, but I'm not sure of what to expect from this new album. Time will tell...

I went and read up on all of what the band went through and the lead guitarist that made the band was quite a dick during one of the world tours. Replacing him with some shoe-in half-way through because he didn't feel up to playing? Their music was wonderful and they went through a lot to produce it.
    [center:15cesajl]I&#39;m gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]