Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime

Anime

Because we all need a thread like this once in a while.

Hello there DD, I am 20 years old and I actively watch anime. There are many reasons why I watch anime which among them is obviously for enjoyment, but it is mostly because I am amazed how diverse the industry can be in term of genre, style and animation. Anyway, here are some simple questions that you may or may not follow:

Favourite genre

Sci-Fi, no doubt about that.

Least favourite genre

It's a balance between fantasy (warrior and elf shit) and comedy. For the former, I recall I had lots of bad experiences with it. For the latter, let's say that comedy in anime has never been a forte. Personally, I think western animation if by far better in this domain.

Favourite Anime

Quite a few actually. For example, the 110 epic space opera Legend of The Galactic Heroes, the ever classic cowboy bebop and the very "philosophical" short Pale Cocoon. I also like almost every anime from Satoshi and Miyazaki.

I usually keep all my stats here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Wilio

And I try to follow the new seasons each year(which is soon entering the summer season):

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... -in-japan/

Which doesn't look to interesting...

Re: Anime

Miyazaki is my defiant favorite. All of his stuff like Spirited Away, Nausicaä, Porco Rosso, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in The Sky, Ponyo, and Kiki's Delivery Service are all on my favorite movie list. His shit is so incredible. Personally I'm not a fan of anime like Bleach or Naruto, but I can really get into Miyazaki.

Even some stuff from Studio Ghibli (not projects from Miyazaki, but he is the co-founder) like Grave Of The Fireflies. Such an epic, touching, heart gripping tale. I never would have found myself watching an animation that brought out such emotions like that one.

EDIT: Just read your Review for GOTF and I must say, you described it perfectly. Makes me want to watch it again.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

cowboy bebop and samurai champloo. spike and mugen are possibly my two favorite characters in anything ever.

Go watch Darker Than Black and get into a fresh series about aliens/quarantines/all the like. Personally I'm falling into Fate/Stay Night as I heard it's got some dark themes to it. And yeah Samurai Champloo is fucking awesome.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Fullmetal Alchemist, a very, very old anime. Anyone still watching it?
    I also watch Rurouni Kenshin too
    "What is done cannot be undone."

Anything by Miyazaki and mother fucking Cowboy Bebop. FLCL is good too, I like the animation but it's a bit too much sometimes. My favorite is probably DBZ, though. Akira Toriyama is an awesome animator.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    «« forum rulesstaff teamforum search »»[/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Eloste

Yeah FMA's pretty cool, have you watched the series based on the manga or the other one where it takes a completely different turn in the storyline right in the middle?

I'm in the middle of re-watching Samurai Champloo at the moment, favourite anime of mine I think. When i'm finished with it i'll probably start on Cowboy Bebop because it's supposed to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Krave
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloste

Yeah FMA's pretty cool, have you watched the series based on the manga or the other one where it takes a completely different turn in the storyline right in the middle?
    Man that shit changes 13 episodes in. By the 20th episode it's already went way past the storyline of the original. Fucking amazing anime btw.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

@Salazar : I agree, Darker than Black is very good. Sequel also started of good, but went to major sucking toward the end.

Enthusiast

My favourite anime has got to be Outlaw Star (old school son!!). It was the very first anime i've ever seen. And one of my favourie directors would be Makoto Shinkai, his film "Voices of a Distant Star" was a beautiful piece of work. I'm currently watching Deadman wonderland, and i'm looking forward to the new Natsume anime this summer.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast