Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 3

Transformers 3

Just saw it with a couple friends.

It was pretty darn good. Definitely a little better than the second.
    In no way does it come close to the first, but it was worth watching.

Not really the fantastic plot they tried to portray it as, it's the same deal as the other two. They have to find some ancient object before the Decipticons do and save the earth etc etc.

Pros:
    definitely less annoying characters, it's refreshing
    girl was pretty hot
    some REALLY funny moments and great cameos
    really unexpected twist towards the end
    new cool transformers

Cons:
    product placement, seriously what the hell
    same plot as the other two
    pretty major inconsistencies and holes in the basic foundation of the film
    action didn't REALLY deliver, it's more visual and pointless slow motion

The movie is incredibly thin, there's absolutely no substance or depth to the characters or story at all. There was never a moment where I doubted everyone was going to survive. What's more, I didn't really care.

Overall though, I would recommend it.
    Fun time at the movies, an entertaining film.

Oh and there's nothing after the credits.

Re: Transformers 3

Saw it and was pleased though whats with the blood like substance they were loosing? didn't look like a motor oil or what ever. I found it weird they put blood in this one and not the others(I think the others didn't have blood/oil). That's the only thing I felt was out of place, but the rest was quite enjoying and I'm not going to put up pros and cons because that's all boring and what not. If you enjoy a hot chick, who's European and looks sexy as well as Ken Jeong's crude humor and Optimus Pride being....not spoiling the end....last but not least.... annoying parents.

like IMDB gives it so far: 7/10 worthy of seeing.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

I think they tried to bring the movie to a "darker" level with the blood.
    I didn't feel like it added anything, it just felt really out of place.

Sometimes directors will try to make up for shitty characters and script by adding extra gore to make the circumstances more dire and envoke more sympathy for the characters.

It doesn't work.

dawww, i really wanna see this, but i'm busy with a load of shit, what a fucking let down.
    might go with a couple of friends though, if not then i'll just get it on DVD when it comes out. :/

DUNGiful >> Milkshake >> .Dave >> Dyker

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    I think they tried to bring the movie to a "darker" level with the blood.
    I didn't feel like it added anything, it just felt really out of place.

Sometimes directors will try to make up for shitty characters and script by adding extra gore to make the circumstances more dire and envoke more sympathy for the characters.

It doesn't work.
    [spoiler:2kvda7ul]though you also had the point of rehashed plot: particularly this one was like the 2nd ones plot; they find an old timer(old prime and that plane guy from 2nd one) find out they defected to the other side( old prime>decepticons and plane guy>autobots)[/spoiler:2kvda7ul]

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Looks just as shit as the other two. Explosions and random flashes, shitty story line and bad acting. Looks like a complete bag of fuck. It's supposed to be entertaining, I realize that, but I can't enjoy explosions and action packed scenes if there's not story to go with it. But I don't expect anything good from Michael Bay.

What's wrong with the first one?

I'm a fairly critical of films, but Transformers is one of my favorites of all time.
    I thought it was very fresh. Interesting characters, decent plot, and excellent action.

I think they really pulled it off great without trying so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    What's wrong with the first one?

I'm a fairly critical of films, but Transformers is one of my favorites of all time.
    I thought it was very fresh. Interesting characters, decent plot, and excellent action.

I think they really pulled it off great without trying so hard.
    A lot is wrong with the first one if you ask me, but they're all shitty. With that said, the first is probably the best out of the three. Mind you I haven't seen the newest but I pretty much know just what to expect.

In my opinion the only part worth a shit of the Transformers movies is the fucking incredible animation each one features. Whoever animates for these movies is easily one of the best animation crews in the world I bet.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

http://www.DigitalDomain.com

they do a shitload of incredible stuff

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish
    Looks just as shit as the other two. Explosions and random flashes, shitty story line and bad acting. Looks like a complete bag of fuck. It's supposed to be entertaining, I realize that, but I can't enjoy explosions and action packed scenes if there's not story to go with it. But I don't expect anything good from Michael Bay.
    Why don't you expect anything good from Michael Bay?

Also I'm not really looking to watch this, there's lots of other films I'd rather watch.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast