Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yet Another 9/11 Movie (aka World Trade Center)

Let's discuss. (omg discussion in films section wtf)

Oliver Stone is an ass.

Why, you may ask? He DID patriotically direct a film about 9/11, bringing tears and joy. Surely that's noble?

Well I would say you're wrong, and my reason is:
    Making money off a tragedy. It's the most low-down thing one can do, and yet no one sees it ocurring here because of the 'patriotism.'

Raising gas prices after Katrina in '05 to make some ca$h with an easy reason was criticized everywhere, and the oil industry made a million or two off ofit.

Oliver Stone will make hundreds of millions on a movie about the tragedy. It may be 'patriotic' in a sense; however, it's still taking advantage of a tragedy to make a buck. Plus there's been several of these movies before, so what's so special here that the obvious need be ignored.

Dicsuss and debate please.

Enthusiast

Re: Yet Another 9/11 Movie (aka World Trade Center)

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdood
    Let's discuss. (omg discussion in films section wtf)

Oliver Stone is an ass.

Why, you may ask? He DID patriotically direct a film about 9/11, bringing tears and joy. Surely that's noble?

Well I would say you're wrong, and my reason is:
    Making money off a tragedy. It's the most low-down thing one can do, and yet no one sees it ocurring here because of the 'patriotism.'

Raising gas prices after Katrina in '05 to make some ca$h with an easy reason was criticized everywhere, and the oil industry made a million or two off ofit.

Oliver Stone will make hundreds of millions on a movie about the tragedy. It may be 'patriotic' in a sense; however, it's still taking advantage of a tragedy to make a buck. Plus there's been several of these movies before, so what's so special here that the obvious need be ignored.

Dicsuss and debate please.
    Yeah I agree.

I hate that people will make movies about North American happenings but not about stuff thats happened/happening in the middle east ect. He should have made a movie about the capturing of Saddam Houssein(sp?) but of course everyone over where he's from would get all mad and start taking hostages and bombing places(like the little whining in-mature babys that most of them are).
    Brent says:
    ohhh babyyyyy
    Brent says:
    immm backkkkkk
    Darren says:
    *wipes it off*

Enthusiast

I haven't seen the movie yet, and wow I really haven't looked at it that way. You have a very good point there. Now that I think about it, that guy IS an ass
    But about noone will agree to that and he's still getting tons of money which we can't change.. :/

Animations - Do not Click Me - And Me Neither
    You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

Enthusiast

I totally agree with SD. This is exploitation at it's finest.

Only reason I'd see it is to see if Dream Theater's song "Sacraficed Sons" is on there (A song about the 9/11 heroes)

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

You thought EXACTLY the same thing I thought when I first saw the commercial for it =\

I personally think it should be illegal to make movies about incidents like this :]) I bet it'll have WAY too much drama in it. Oliver Stone will try too hard to make it "exciting" therefore ruining the concept of the movie all. Since its supposed to be realistic It'fll have too much slow motion hugging I bet -_-

-5 points for you mr stone
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Dedicated Member
    yeah i agree with you all, its noothing but a load of bullshit

Dedicated Member
    i saw a film about 9/11 in a movie store i was in yesterday. i think its sad how they can even film something reffering (spelling?) to the 9/11 events.
    either they must be desperate, or they must just be very very stupid.
    im surprised people actually make money off things like this too.

TODAY

i also agree with sd. i was actually talking about this today. im so sick and disgusted by the way people find 9/11 a money making oportunity. maybe one day all these assholes that rip of a tragedy will die in a horrible wreck and there work will survive through other greedy bastards........oh well not much i can do

Wow, I never realilized that, Thats so true, that is so messed up how people take advandege of people to make money, So messed up.
    Courtesy?
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=8706
    My thread ^^
    Im also looking to do a joint, Anybody will do, Just not to nooby, Just pm me and Ill add you on msn. ^_^

Enthusiast
    Hehehehe. Some debating eh? We all agree that this movie was made by an ass that needs money. I don't think this is even patriotic. If he WAS patriotic, he would donate the earinings to rebuilding the twin towers, or something.

And I don't even know why anyone would want to watch this movie. It's like all those sports movies, we know how it's going to end.
    Insert Blank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast