Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

New Mastodon and Opeth songs up

[youtube:3rbge4dx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgqenxNUfs[/youtube:3rbge4dx]
    [youtube:3rbge4dx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICaGUOQleU[/youtube:3rbge4dx]

I personally love the new Mastodon song, if the rest of the album is like that, I'll easily declare Mastodon the best band ever. Can't say the same for Opeth though :/ It's just like they're trying too hard to be prog and avant garde but it's just becomes boring. Melancholy Opeth is best Opeth.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: New Mastodon and Opeth songs up

Black tongue is amazing. Although the first time i heard it, I didn't like the vocals. Now the vocals have really grown on me.

I really like the new Opeth song. Mikael's singing is awesome as usual. The guitar riffs are a bit odd, but still nice and heavy. And of course the solo near the end is great.

I think both albums are going to be amazing, and the best part is that The Hunter only comes out a week after Heritage.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Bump because Opeth's album has been leaked. It's honestly kinda boring for an Opeth album. But it's a very nice progressive album altogether. It's got some really nice acoustic parts, along with a few other instruments like flutes thrown in. It's very jazzy. One thing about the production I don't like is that the bass seems awfully loud, but you get used to it.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't like it at all. It just so thin and ball-less. They've taken the terrible transition thing from Watershed to a whole new level. It certainly isn't BWP or Damnation. Famine and Folklore are actually good songs though.

Also Curl of the Burl was bad too :/
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Fanatic Enthusiast

I really liked Curl of the Burl. Black Tongue was a bit better, but I really like the groove of the riffs in Curl of the Burl. Hopefully the next song released (this coming tuesday) with have some more diversity.