Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

40Ringz - Tundra

I've posted this in VIP chat but I realized I rarely ever post my music where everyone can see it. So here you go!

http://soundcloud.com/40ringz/40ringz-tundra

Worked pretty hard on this and I think it paid off.

Enthusiast

Re: 40Ringz - Tundra

The wubs are kind of off beat

[center:7qmqkz8r]In God We Trust.[/center:7qmqkz8r]

Oh u. Well thanks for the .

Enthusiast

I've bugged you enough about this track and you obviously put some serious effort into it so i will try to give some constructive honest opinions.

Okay right off the bat i like the intro, the beginning sort of "scale down sound" kind of turns me off.... it might of worked better if it was done more subtly. I like the muted chord sound, it works well and is kind of reminiscent of gorillaz "the fall". The sample "wooAoaoAA" thing that comes in around 0:29 is really poor and really stands out against the chill. Not really my favorite choice of sample there.. (Again at 0:40) and 0:50. The wub drop is very nice and it creates a good atmosphere, certain things in the drum loop are sort of stark if you are really trying to go for the chill. Both samples stand out a lot not digging them at all, they seem to cheesy. Also there is a weird "ping" sound in your drum loop, elec cow bell maybe? Kind of stands out and seems odd. The weird "wub" effect at 2:17 stands out to me too. There is another weird noise at 3:00 what is that futurama? haha. The syth you used at 3:52 sounds absolutly horrible and ruins it all..... The build up you do with it is okay, but.... ://. 5:08 the background texture you create here works really well. I really dig that last 45 seconds or so, works very nicely. When reviewing this i am assuming you where really trying to achieve that chill sound and i think you have the groove, yet this track suffered from bad choice of sample.... odd drums at times, and very unsubtle effects that just seemed thrown in just for the sake of it. All in all i think its cool you're taking your music in this direction i would just advise next time, working off a more solid sample or even whole song and remixing and working from there. All in all good work
    [center:7qmqkz8r]In God We Trust.[/center:7qmqkz8r]

Thanks for the criticism man, every bit helps